Windows 10: After reset, unable to use PIN

Discus and support After reset, unable to use PIN in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I reset my computer this evening, just trying to do a clean start for it for a new project. After the reboot, it no longer allowed my pin to be used.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AngelaPequeno, May 14, 2022.

1. After reset, unable to use PIN

I reset my computer this evening, just trying to do a clean start for it for a new project. After the reboot, it no longer allowed my pin to be used. When I select the create new pin option, the Microsoft dialogue box shows and then disapears and I'm stuck at the screen. I've tried booting in safe mode- doesn't fix it since I can't get in without the pin. I've tried the suggested command prompts and nothing is working. Can't restore from a previous backup either.Help!!!

:)

AngelaPequeno, May 14, 2022
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 14, 2022
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, May 14, 2022
  4. Romel Ram Win User

After reset, unable to use PIN

Unable to set PIN for log-in

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to . To properly isolate your issue, kindly verify the following:

• Did you encounter any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to troubleshoot the problem?
    • Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your computer? To check, type
      winver in the search option.

In addition, you can try Jessen P's suggestion on this link
    to see if it will work for your issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, May 14, 2022
Thema:

After reset, unable to use PIN

1. After reset, unable to use PIN - Similar Threads - reset unable PIN

2. Unable to reset PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to reset PIN: I'm trying to use the store, but i keep getting the message "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to: Settings >Accounts > Sign-in-options. 0X80090016. I cant follow that path cause there isnt onethat I can find and I'm not able...
  3. Unable to reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PIN: I'm trying to use the store, but i keep getting the message "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to: Settings >Accounts > Sign-in-options. 0X80090016. I cant follow that path cause there isnt onethat I can find and I'm not able...
  4. Unable to reset PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to reset pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset pin: Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-pin/26dfbc64-e92a-4d99-9c44-b0463fa51b5f
  6. Unable to reset pin

Unable to reset pin: Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-pin/26dfbc64-e92a-4d99-9c44-b0463fa51b5f
  7. Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option: Hi!My Windows 11 recently got updated and post the update, the fingerprint sensor stopped accepting the enrolled fingerprint. In past, during such issues, I was able to use the Password to sign in to Windows however, the only option I am getting now is to use the PIN which I...
  8. Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option

Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option: Hi!My Windows 11 recently got updated and post the update, the fingerprint sensor stopped accepting the enrolled fingerprint. In past, during such issues, I was able to use the Password to sign in to Windows however, the only option I am getting now is to use the PIN which I...
  9. After reset, unable to use PIN

After reset, unable to use PIN: I reset my computer this evening, just trying to do a clean start for it for a new project. After the reboot, it no longer allowed my pin to be used. When I select the create new pin option, the Microsoft dialogue box shows and then disapears and I'm stuck at the screen. I've...
  10. After reset, unable to use PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After reset, unable to use PIN: I reset my computer this evening, just trying to do a clean start for it for a new project. After the reboot, it no longer allowed my pin to be used. When I select the create new pin option, the Microsoft dialogue box shows and then disapears and I'm stuck at the screen. I've...