Windows 10: After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again.

Discus and support After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had the machine set up so that the system bypassed all that nonsense and booted straight to the desktop. I went to netplwiz and unticked the box to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Syncopator, Jul 8, 2019.

1. After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again.

I had the machine set up so that the system bypassed all that nonsense and booted straight to the desktop.

I went to netplwiz and unticked the box to (theoretically) be able to bypass signing in.

It hasn't worked.

I am first presented with the lock screen and the have sign in or use my p.i.n.

How can I get rid of all that palaver so the machine boots to the desktop again?

:)

Syncopator, Jul 8, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 8, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again.

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again.

1. After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again. - Similar Threads - resetting confronted lock

2. Why am I still locked out?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why am I still locked out?: Please help, I used to have a child account in which I had time restrictions on said account and I have since left the family yet my account still has the same restrictions on it so I am unable to get on my account, is there any way to get this changed or will i need a new...
  3. I am completely unable to disable lock timeout to login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    I am completely unable to disable lock timeout to login screen.: My laptop locks after 10 minutes of inactivity. I have gone through the power settings and either turned off or changed to a much higher number every single option to turn off display, sleep, etc. for both on battery and on power. I've tried every Group Policy suggestion....
  4. show App again after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    show App again after reset: when I open advanced setting for apps in Windows 10 and click Reset the app hides and I can't get it again, how can show the app? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-app-again-after-reset/ebb8dbb9-4f3b-45cb-92f9-dce11e481aa4
  5. Device lock to screen after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device lock to screen after factory reset: Please I need help. I reset my connect 10 tablet and it reset and ask for the outlook account password I lock it with. I input the password but it keep on telling. Me wrong password. I have change the password severally but the device failed to remember the password. Please...
  6. Missing files after resetting OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing files after resetting OS: Every year I go through the process of reinstalling Windows to keep things fresh. After backing everything up to an external drive, things go off without a hitch and all is good. This time however I decided to simply reset windows, doing so would accomplish what I wanted, and...
  7. Screen lock out too often even as i am working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen lock out too often even as i am working: My screen gets locked more often even as I am working on the laptop. I set my laptop Power & Sleep to never, and it still gets auto locked within seconds or sometimes randomly. I thought it was a virus and bought AVG. Now, AVG scans and says performance issues, and asks...
  8. Missing document after OS reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Missing document after OS reset: Hi all My first post here, and I'd really appreciate your help. My wife told me that when she logged on into her account yesterday, she found that everything that was on her desktop had disappeared. This came as the last straw - I had been battling with poor...
  9. AM/PM For The Time At The Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    AM/PM For The Time At The Lock Screen: Hello, I like seeing AM/PM on any time value. I already know if it's AM or PM, but it looks more Proper to see the AM or the PM with whatever time it is. What Registry modification/Program can help me achieve this? Thanks 59737
  10. reset window lock screen with bat file?

in Windows 10 Support
    reset window lock screen with bat file?: Hi, 1. I installed RohosLogonKey. It added a logon option to the lock screen and save a "logon key" to a usb (I save it to my c: harddrive) . So that my computer can automatically logon to window. (my computer using win10 ) 2. I also setup a program called btprox. Its job...