Windows 10: After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again.

Discus and support After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had the machine set up so that the system bypassed all that nonsense and booted straight to the desktop. I went to netplwiz and unticked the box to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Syncopator, Jul 8, 2019.

1. After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again.

I had the machine set up so that the system bypassed all that nonsense and booted straight to the desktop.

I went to netplwiz and unticked the box to (theoretically) be able to bypass signing in.

It hasn't worked.

I am first presented with the lock screen and the have sign in or use my p.i.n.

How can I get rid of all that palaver so the machine boots to the desktop again?

:)

Syncopator, Jul 8, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 8, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again.

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again.

1. After resetting the OS I am confronted with the lock screen again. - Similar Threads - resetting confronted lock

2. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  3. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  4. Confronting the Mysterious 0x80070422 Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confronting the Mysterious 0x80070422 Error: Dear Tech Pioneers,I extend this call to the digital trailblazers among you, hoping this message finds you amid the binary symphony. Alas, my Windows update expedition has encountered an elusive adversary—the perplexing Error Code 0x80070422. I seek the wisdom of the digital...
  5. Confronting the Mysterious 0x80070422 Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confronting the Mysterious 0x80070422 Error: Dear Tech Pioneers,I extend this call to the digital trailblazers among you, hoping this message finds you amid the binary symphony. Alas, my Windows update expedition has encountered an elusive adversary—the perplexing Error Code 0x80070422. I seek the wisdom of the digital...
  6. Why am I getting a BSOD again and again?? along with screen freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting a BSOD again and again?? along with screen freezing: Good EveningI recently brought a new second hand DELL laptop, but the issue is I started getting Blue Screen of deaths again and again. For a first few days, they came rarely but now they have increased and my computer sometimes just freezes with nothing working tried various...
  7. Why am I getting a BSOD again and again?? along with screen freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting a BSOD again and again?? along with screen freezing: Good EveningI recently brought a new second hand DELL laptop, but the issue is I started getting Blue Screen of deaths again and again. For a first few days, they came rarely but now they have increased and my computer sometimes just freezes with nothing working tried various...
  8. Why am I getting a BSOD again and again?? along with screen freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. THE PERIPHERALS ARE NOT WORKING IN THE LOCK SCREEN AFTER RESETTING

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    THE PERIPHERALS ARE NOT WORKING IN THE LOCK SCREEN AFTER RESETTING: Recently, four days back I installed a new OS windows 10 pro in my desktop pc. One day ago, I gave the pc to reset cause it crashed for two times while installing a antivirus application. Then when it booted again it didnt made to the windows lock screen, instead of that the...
  10. Device lock to screen after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device lock to screen after factory reset: Please I need help. I reset my connect 10 tablet and it reset and ask for the outlook account password I lock it with. I input the password but it keep on telling. Me wrong password. I have change the password severally but the device failed to remember the password. Please...