Windows 10: After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup?

Discus and support After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup? I tried Shift + F10 but it did not bring the command prompt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chico_001, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Chico_001 Win User

After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup?

After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup? I tried Shift + F10 but it did not bring the command prompt. Pressing the power button puts the computer to sleep without shutting it down. Any other options besides holding the power button?

:)

Chico_001, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Aug 5, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 5, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup?

Reset PC Windows 11

Hi Jemal

It is not an option to skip that step in Windows 11 setup, the best option is to either stop the process at that point and let the new employee set up their own account, or create a new Microsoft Account just for this purpose and use that to complete the setup on all those devices, you can later delete that profile after the new employee has created their own account.

DaveM121, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

1. After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup? - Similar Threads - resetting shut down

2. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  3. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  4. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  5. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  6. After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup?

After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup?: After resetting Windows 11, how do I shut down the PC without completing the setup? I tried Shift + F10 but it did not bring the command prompt. Pressing the power button puts the computer to sleep without shutting it down. Any other options besides holding the power button?...
  7. Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down: Hi when the above happens, I'm getting a stop code appearing saying " Driver_Power_State_Failure. Any idea's anyone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-resetting-on-shut-down/b51363bb-4252-4636-8b05-4acd180cac8b
  8. pc shut down during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc shut down during reset: hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that? submitted by /u/murderducky1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down: I reset my Dell laptop with Windows 10. When I set things up like my default browser and add things to desktop and task bar and turn off computer it reverts back to what I reset it to when turned back on. I reset in the hopes that It fix update issues which it didn't...
  10. PC wont completely shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wont completely shut down: Hi, For a while now, any time I press the power butting or click Shut Down on my PC, the screen will turn of but the fans and fan lights stay on. The only way to turn it of then is to power cycle it. However, if I put the computer to sleep or hibernate, the fans and lights...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to shut down windows 11 laptop after reset to factory setting