Windows 10: After restart I have a black screen that says “undoing changes made to your computer...”...

Discus and support After restart I have a black screen that says “undoing changes made to your computer...”... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had been using my computer all day today. I had been using my scanner to email some documents with no problem. I get an error message that firmware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cozzeema, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Cozzeema Win User

After restart I have a black screen that says “undoing changes made to your computer...”...

I had been using my computer all day today. I had been using my scanner to email some documents with no problem. I get an error message that firmware needs to be updated on my hp printer. It gets auto updates, but i tried to manually update from their website. Didnt update. Very odd. So i restarted my computer thinking that would help. No, instead i got a windows update on blue screen that said there were multiple updates. I left it alone to update but after an hour it was only at 19%. Something seemed wrong. I hard powered down and rebooted. I got a black screen with Dell logo and then straight to black screen with “undoing changes made to your computer...” with the circling dots down at the bottom on black screen. It stayed like that for 15 minutes and i hard powered it down. Powered up 3 more times and did exact same thing. I cant get it into safe mode. What should I do? I am definitely NOT a computer person so I need an explanation like I’m 5.

:)

Cozzeema, Jul 13, 2020
  2. vleihh Win User

Undoing changes made to your computer STUCK

Hi guys, I was trying to install the new update for windows and everything was going smoothly until it got stuck at round 30% on the loadup screen and was undoing changes. It took a while and i thought restarting it would allow me to normally log in but
    i was wrong, after a few consecutive tries i think i may have broken it and it keeps restarting itself in a loop saying "Undoing changes made to your computer". I cant get to the advanced startup menu by restarting it 3 times nor safe mode thorugh f8, please
    helpp.

vleihh, Jul 13, 2020
  3. undoing changes to your computer windows 10

Have Lenovo Ideapad 100s. After trying to update windows 10 to 1903 far as I remember it went to black screen saying "Undoing changes made to your computer... Nothing helps to abandon this stuck screen. Consequently, windows makes reboot attempts but
    over again goes back to the same black screen reading ”Undoing changes made to your computer...

Tried hard shut down to enter the safe mode but nothing ever helps.

Please advise how to fix the issue.

Thank you.

ბულიონა, Jul 13, 2020
  4. PJOF Win User

After restart I have a black screen that says “undoing changes made to your computer...”...

Undoing changes made to your computer

I use windows 10 and I delayed an update as much as I could, But then one I left it to update one night.When I checked the computer in the afternoon after coming from work it was turned off I turned it on and it said Undoing changes made to your computer.Its
    been a month already now and I still can't solve the problem I searched the internet for answers and I couldn't find any solution for my problem.I tried getting into safe mode, recovery mode using F8 using hard shutdown and every other trick in the book but
    it didn't work I only get a flash of the command prompt for a split second before a short black screen after which comes undoing changes made to your computer on a black screen also.After 20-30 second of "undoing changes to your computer" the computer restarts
    and its an infinite loop I left it for a whole day once to see if it would fix it self but to no avail.Only once randomly did I get into the recovery mode but none of the options would work.I Could only get into my bios(GIGABYTE- UEFI dualbios) I also downloaded
    Windows 10 onto my laptop and then put it on my USB but still I can't somehow boot from the USB I still get the "undoing changes to your computer message".I am open to any solution and would be very grateful if someone could propose a solution.I have a lot
    of very important files on my computer which I mustn't lose but if completely restarting is my only option I'll take it if only someone could explain to me how to do it.

I also am not sure why couldn't the windows finish the update although I think my computer didn't have enough memory or there was a power shortage.
    Thank you in advance.

Thema:

1. After restart I have a black screen that says “undoing changes made to your computer...”... - Similar Threads - restart black screen

2. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...: I have a Asus BR1100CKA-CE1-CA. It's 3 months old. It was running Windows 10. I dowmloaded and tried to install Windows 11. The laptop does a restart and then displays it is trying to undo changes to the PC for a while. Then it restarts and displays tje message again. It has...
  3. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...: I have a Asus BR1100CKA-CE1-CA. It's 3 months old. It was running Windows 10. I dowmloaded and tried to install Windows 11. The laptop does a restart and then displays it is trying to undo changes to the PC for a while. Then it restarts and displays tje message again. It has...
  4. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer: I was trying to install windows 11 and I accidentally turned off my pc. I then restarted it and it came up with this and has been like this for an hour and I was wondering how to sort it out...
  6. Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer: I was trying to install windows 11 and I accidentally turned off my pc. I then restarted it and it came up with this and has been like this for an hour and I was wondering how to sort it out...
  7. Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer

8. Undoing changes made to your computer

Undoing changes made to your computer: I'm running a Lenovo based laptop and I recently tried to install the version 2004 update for windows. I leave my laptop plugged in and loosely keep an eye on it. Last I saw my laptop and 77% of the way through the "don't turn off your laptop this will take a while" phase....
  9. Undoing changes made to your computer

Undoing changes made to your computer: I use windows 10 and I delayed an update as much as I could, But then one I left it to update one night.When I checked the computer in the afternoon after coming from work it was turned off I turned it on and it said Undoing changes made to your computer.Its been a month...
  10. Undoing changes made to your computer black scrre

Undoing changes made to your computer black scrre: An hour or so ago I got a popup to install windows update. I pressed Reboot now. It rebooted and got stuck at 87%. After a while it rebooted and I have a black screen with the swirling dots and text saying “Undoing changes made to your computer...”. I let it stay that way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. undoing changes made to your computer black screen