Windows 10: after restart or start up windows cant left click/open windows explorer

Discus and support after restart or start up windows cant left click/open windows explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i recently using my system image recovery to fix some registry, so i roll back my windows to previous version. than this happen, every time i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by firekoros, Dec 28, 2019.

1. firekoros Win User

after restart or start up windows cant left click/open windows explorer

Hi,

i recently using my system image recovery to fix some registry, so i roll back my windows to previous version.

than this happen, every time i restart my pc or startup my pc, suddenly freeze like cant use left click to open windows menu, open program, click on volume or anything so left click didnt work. but if im using right click to refresh its work.

i figure it out something, if im perform ctrl+alt+del everything back to normal again. the left click back to normal.

and i search some suggestion regarding my problem, and some post recommend me to do this:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

and the report on cmd look like this:

after restart or start up windows cant left click/open windows explorer 0dda7dde-5e54-4432-8de9-8ebb49d9185a?upload=true.png

:)

firekoros, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer has try to restart whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in

Windows Explorer has try to restart whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer

landaksparky, Dec 28, 2019
  4. after restart or start up windows cant left click/open windows explorer

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

after restart or start up windows cant left click/open windows explorer

1. after restart or start up windows cant left click/open windows explorer - Similar Threads - restart start cant

2. Can't left click until file explorer is restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't left click until file explorer is restarted: System:Windows 10, 19045Dell 5577, Crucial SSD checked good, 16 GB ram, i5-7300HQBehavior:The left click on any/all items does not work except in task manager. The mouse can be moved with the trackpad or a dedicated mouse, but left clicking is not possible, including on the...
  3. Can't left click until file explorer is restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't left click until file explorer is restarted: System:Windows 10, 19045Dell 5577, Crucial SSD checked good, 16 GB ram, i5-7300HQBehavior:The left click on any/all items does not work except in task manager. The mouse can be moved with the trackpad or a dedicated mouse, but left clicking is not possible, including on the...
  4. Can't left click until file explorer is restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left: HelloI am facing problem when right click on folder list on left side of explorer, when right click and select anything, like "open new window", properties",... Explorer will restart. when right click after 10 seconds explorer will restart...
  6. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left: HelloI am facing problem when right click on folder list on left side of explorer, when right click and select anything, like "open new window", properties",... Explorer will restart. when right click after 10 seconds explorer will restart...
  7. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows 10 laptop will not open start window with left click, but right click does work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 laptop will not open start window with left click, but right click does work?: Not sure what happened to my HP, but if I left click on the the windows start I get nothing. But the right click on windows start will work. Has anyone had this happen? I searched on google got a few suggestions but nothing has helped me. I think I need to re-install...
  9. windows start button no left click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows start button no left click: Hello I have just upgraded from seven to ten. At first things were ok but I no longer have anything on the windows icon with left click. Also the new browser will not start and internet explorer browser icon went away. Can I do another free upgrade by using system restore?...
  10. Explorer Right click menu is left open after selecting a alternative

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Right click menu is left open after selecting a alternative: A thing™ that has appeared after updating Windows 10 (not exactly sure which update but it was working before the Aniversory update) is that if I use Right Click on Explorer to get the menu, then after I have selected a choice from the menu, e.g Minimize, the menu is left...