Windows 10: After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected

Discus and support After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srshah27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vg3bff/after_restarts_only_taskbar_and_explorer_are/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/srshah27, Jun 19, 2022.

1. After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected

/u/srshah27, Jun 19, 2022
  2. JaiChirio Win User

Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing

Hi

So basically i updated to the newest version of widows 10 (1909)

And since then my taskbar has been completely unresponsive.

I have tried every option i could think of,

- Restart Windows Explorer (failed)

- Repair using Powershell as an Admin (failed)

- Disable iGPU MultiMonitor (doesn't exist on my pc)

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!

- Jai Chirio

JaiChirio, Jun 19, 2022
  3. little cat, Jun 19, 2022
  4. After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected

Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected

1. After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected - Similar Threads - restarts taskbar explorer

2. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disallow shutdown and enable restart only: How to disallow shutdown and enable restart option only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disallow-shutdown-and-enable-restart-only/c3d057ed-2dd4-454f-9c2a-a6ca1f3a2d5c
  3. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disallow shutdown and enable restart only: How to disallow shutdown and enable restart option only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disallow-shutdown-and-enable-restart-only/c3d057ed-2dd4-454f-9c2a-a6ca1f3a2d5c
  4. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...: This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the...
  5. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...: This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the...
  6. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows taskbar/explorer unresponsive on first login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar/explorer unresponsive on first login: Hi, This is a bit of a strange one and I'm at a loss: I have a desktop PC running Windows 10 build 19042.662 with two local admin non-MS accounts, one for personal usage and one for work where I use OneDrive, Office 365 etc. This is not linked to any domains. Scenario:...
  8. Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing: Hi So basically i updated to the newest version of widows 10 1909 And since then my taskbar has been completely unresponsive. I have tried every option i could think of, - Restart Windows Explorer failed - Repair using Powershell as an Admin failed - Disable iGPU...
  9. Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.: I have an ASUS RoG laptop. After my profile became corrupt and set up a new profile, the windows tech support put my old profile info in a weird spot. Seeing as how I didn't have a whole lot and my complete set up was messed up, I decided to just do a reset and start over...
  10. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....