Windows 10: After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not

Discus and support After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not. OneDrive won't run, because it says it CAN'T run as Administrator,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dirkmaster, Jan 10, 2021.

1. After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not

After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not. OneDrive won't run, because it says it CAN'T run as Administrator, but I didn't select Run as Administrator, and those boxes aren't checked in the Shortcut. But it's not just OneDrive, it's every single program I try to launch. It's like there's something in the registry that says run all as Administrator. Where is that, so I can delete it? :->

:)

Dirkmaster, Jan 10, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 10, 2021
  4. angus Win User

After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not

1. After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not - Similar Threads - Restore everything running

2. i want it to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want it to run: 2023-05-19 3:02:31 0 [Note] InnoDB: File 'C:\xampp\mysql\data\ibtmp1' size is now 12 MB. 2023-05-19 3:02:31 0 [Note] InnoDB: Waiting for purge to start 2023-05-19 3:02:31 0 [Note] InnoDB: 10.4.28 started; log sequence number 1464165; transaction id 1368 2023-05-19 3:02:31 0...
  3. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  4. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  5. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator: I want to run everything in Windows 10 as administrator, so that the blue-and-yellow shield icons will be removed. 175459
  7. I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator: I want to run everything in Windows 10 as administrator, so that the blue-and-yellow shield icons will be removed. 175459
  8. Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator.: Hello, I have been trying to open an app but everything is disabled on my computer. When I open it, it would tell me:[ATTACH] For CMD: [ATTACH] For regedit: [ATTACH] For gpedit: [ATTACH] For Control Panel and Run (Windows+R) [ATTACH] I have tried all these methods...
  9. i want to run as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    i want to run as administrator: I want to run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-run-as-administrator/6e438fc3-1396-446f-aac5-6a438c7804c1
  10. Run everything as admin / default administrative permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run everything as admin / default administrative permission: Hello, The constant need for administrator permission and the need to run everything as administrator is something that frustrates me endlessly in windows. I'm talking about thinks like copy pasting, name change or the need to run cmd as administrator for some commands....