Windows 10: After retart or fresh boot I am having a problem with the start menu power button.

Discus and support After retart or fresh boot I am having a problem with the start menu power button. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I restart or fresh boot when I click on the power button in the start menu it stutters then I have to click on it a second time to make it open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by james downend, May 23, 2022.

1. After retart or fresh boot I am having a problem with the start menu power button.

When I restart or fresh boot when I click on the power button in the start menu it stutters then I have to click on it a second time to make it open.

:)

james downend, May 23, 2022

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, May 23, 2022
  3. Start menu power button

My start menu power button doesn't appear and this is a windows 10 new computer and my start menu power button doesn't show anything or even shut down or hibernate or sleep.

Plz I need help.

LuisCarvalho_1717, May 23, 2022
  4. After retart or fresh boot I am having a problem with the start menu power button.

Start Menu > Power > "Submenu Blank"

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

With regard to the missing options under power button, follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

* Click Start Button, type
    Power Options
    into the search space and select the Power Options from the list

* In the left pane of Power Options, click on the
    Choose what the power buttons do

* Select Change settings that are currently unavailable,
    under Shutdown settings select the Sleep, Hibernate, Lock and Turn on fast startup
    option

* Click Save Changes.

If it doesn't fix the issue, then there might be corruption with system files.
    Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs.

Let us know if problem still persist, we're glad to assist you. Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 23, 2022
Thema:

After retart or fresh boot I am having a problem with the start menu power button.

1. After retart or fresh boot I am having a problem with the start menu power button. - Similar Threads - retart fresh boot

2. After retart or fresh boot I am having a problem with the start menu power button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After retart or fresh boot I am having a problem with the start menu power button.: When I restart or fresh boot when I click on the power button in the start menu it stutters then I have to click on it a second time to make it open....
  3. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?: No i did not just catfish you. Im in the middle of a VERY F*&ing important work meeting for work.. MY GOD DAMN JOB depends on this meeting. and my Internet ethernet port stopped working on my dock my other computers have a working internet connection ... so I need to REBOOT...
  4. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?: No i did not just catfish you. Im in the middle of a VERY F*&ing important work meeting for work.. MY GOD DAMN JOB depends on this meeting. and my Internet ethernet port stopped working on my dock my other computers have a working internet connection ... so I need to REBOOT...
  5. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Have a problem with start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have a problem with start button: hi when i press the start button where is located the button to close the pc, something is wrong, you know when you press tab and is swiping trough buttons, that does to me, but i don't press , and it makes with the file explorer search bar too and when i open settings,...
  7. How to customize power button in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to customize power button in Start menu?: Hi everyone, In Windows 7 it was possible (pls see picture): [img] Several options were discontinued in Windows 10, but many remained, though invisible. Can anyone know what to do to set the key in "Start menu" from Disable (default) to Hibernate (default) in Windows 10...
  8. Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu: Hello, I followed the guide to enable Hibernate mode, but is there a way to show it in the Power options? all I can see now is "Sleep", "Shut down" and "Restart". Was I supposed to see "Hibernate" after following this guide:...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working: This is one of the few places where this problem is even mentioned but it was with a insider preview 14905 way back in 2016. Just about every Windows 10 install that I have has this problem. I should say just the ones that were a "free" upgrade. Fresh installs seem to be OK....
  10. Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000: Hello Gang, One laptop I have on the IP fast build, now on 14905.1000 has this issue. Click start, then click power, and blink, the start menu just closes, no options given for shutdown. The options above for settings and file explorer work just fine, left or right...