Windows 10: After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10

Discus and support After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10, in this, I have a small doubt i.e my original file will be kept or i have to leave 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Deverashetty, Jan 25, 2020.

1. After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10

After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10, in this, I have a small doubt i.e my original file will be kept or i have to leave 1 out of 10 duplicate files, please suggest - thankyou

:)

Deverashetty, Jan 25, 2020
  2. TomErnest Win User

After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10

Occasionally run CCleaner. With Windows 7 I would find about a dozen files duplicated. Well I downloaded windows 10 about a week ago and just ran CCleaner. Found over 800 duplicate file. Some 3 and 4 times. What the **** gives.

Original title: duplicate files overload

TomErnest, Jan 25, 2020
  3. After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10

Hi Tom,

As you are facing issues with the duplicate files loaded on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you were able to find which are the duplicate files created on your computer?

There might be a virus infection causing the duplicate copies of the files. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to free up the disk space on your device and check if it helps.

Refer: Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: Perform Disk Cleanup.

Cleaning out your PC on a regular basis frees up drive space and helps it run better. One of the easiest ways to clean up files you no longer need is by using Disk Cleanup.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type
      Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, select Disk Cleanup.
    • If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then select
      OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box in the Description section, select
      Clean up system files.
    • If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then select
      OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, select the check boxes for the file types that you want to delete, and then select
      OK. To remove data from a previous installation of Windows, select the
      Previous Windows installation(s) check box.
    • In the message that appears, select Delete files.
    • Go back to Computer in File Explorer, select the drive you cleaned up, and then select
      Refresh. If you need to free more space (the drive is still marked red), go to the next tip.

Step 3: I suggest you to run a full system virus scan.

Protect your PC

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of duplicate files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2020
  4. After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10

SomeOne99h, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10

1. After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - running CCleaner duplicates

2. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  3. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  4. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate files in Windows 10 !

Duplicate files in Windows 10 !: Hi, this question must have been asked many times! How to find and remove duplicate files safely in Windows 10! Ideally a program that actually finds and removes these files automatically would be ideal, but is there one that someone would recommend? I have run the "search...
  6. CCleaner Duplicate File Finder

CCleaner Duplicate File Finder: I looked at the duplicates and all have the same name and in some files, the path is slightly different. The bytes and the time are all identical. Half of the duplicates show two files which includes the original or latetess file and the program only allows me to mark one for...
  7. Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

Cleaning windows files with CCleaner: I need suggestion about cleaning windows files with CCleaner, what files can i remove safely without damaging my OS. And which one should i checklist from menu. I am adding some screenshots. [img] [img] 80098
  8. Windows 10 and CCleaner

Windows 10 and CCleaner: Can anyone tell me why CCleaner does not clean these items in Windows 10, see attached. 60909
  9. CCleaner in Windows 10

CCleaner in Windows 10: Have any of you run the CCleaner reg cleaner in Win 10? I did but, I didn't delete the files. There were so many just after installing. This is just part of them. [img] 2185
  10. ccleaner run cleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ccleaner run cleaner: I just installed the free ccleaner and I want to know if it is safe to use 'run cleaner' and what the benefits are.*Biggrin 63040