Windows 10: After running update to 10.0.18362.1 Startup fails stuck flashing bluescreen. Repair...

Discus and support After running update to 10.0.18362.1 Startup fails stuck flashing bluescreen. Repair... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've updated my 2018 Acer laptop to the latest version of windows 10. Now when I try to start up the machine it gets stuck in a loop flashing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ben Alberson, Aug 12, 2020.

1. After running update to 10.0.18362.1 Startup fails stuck flashing bluescreen. Repair...

I've updated my 2018 Acer laptop to the latest version of windows 10. Now when I try to start up the machine it gets stuck in a loop flashing my desktop background and a blue screen. If I button mash to get into advanced startup eventually I can attempt to start in safe mode but it has the same flashing behavior and the startup repair utilities and ALL fail with the message: "We ran into a problem and won't be able to repair/uninstall/etc. the latest feature update.

My computer is unusable

None of the evident options available in "Troubleshooting blue screen errors" https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors are helping.

:)

Ben Alberson, Aug 12, 2020

2. Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
    Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

Sumit Dhiman, Aug 12, 2020
  3. TomStrong Win User
    Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:

• Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

After running update to 10.0.18362.1 Startup fails stuck flashing bluescreen. Repair... [​IMG]

TomStrong, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Tonyb Win User

After running update to 10.0.18362.1 Startup fails stuck flashing bluescreen. Repair...

Stuck in startup repair HELP

@dalchina hi here is a link to that NVIDIA GRAPHICS FIRMWARE UPDATE TOOL FOR DISPLAYPORT 1.3 AND 1.4 also i will try the suggestion not sure why now it would cause this issue but so worth a shot. also is there a way to do a upgrade repair without it beeing in stage as i have tried that and with this dumb startup repair it fails.

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

After running update to 10.0.18362.1 Startup fails stuck flashing bluescreen. Repair...

1. After running update to 10.0.18362.1 Startup fails stuck flashing bluescreen. Repair... - Similar Threads - running update 18362

2. Bluescreen stuck on 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen stuck on 0%: I was recently playing Minecraft and got a bluescreen, so I left my laptop for a bit to leave it alone. I came back almost an hour later and it is still on 0%.I have the aspire vero green pc and the error code was CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT...
  3. Bluescreen stuck on 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen stuck on 0%: I was recently playing Minecraft and got a bluescreen, so I left my laptop for a bit to leave it alone. I came back almost an hour later and it is still on 0%.I have the aspire vero green pc and the error code was CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT...
  4. Stuck at Startup Repair?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Startup Repair?: The latest Windows 10 update caused a bluescreen loop. I managed to enter Windows Recovery, I selected advanced options, then startup repair, picked my account but it needs a password which I have forgotten and I can't go back. The option to go back to the recovery menu is...
  5. Stuck at Startup Repair?

Stuck at Startup Repair?: The latest Windows 10 update caused a bluescreen loop. I managed to enter Windows Recovery, I selected advanced options, then startup repair, picked my account but it needs a password which I have forgotten and I can't go back. The option to go back to the recovery menu is...
  6. Stuck at Startup Repair?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Startup Repair Failed

Startup Repair Failed: What to do if start up repair failed?SrtTrail.txt fileStartup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0 Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS AutoChk Run = 0...
  8. Startup Repair Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failing: My computer needed to restart to update recently, and the auto repair keeps failing and gives the message:"Startup Repair couldn't repair your PCPress 'Advanced options' to try other options to repair your PC or 'Shut down' to turn off your PC.Log file:...
  9. Stuck in Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Startup Repair: Don't know if install is Home or Pro (yet). It's 19041.630. I have an ISO I can use to do a Repair install from but since I can't get the system to boot that is not an option yet. Found info in the registry, it's Home. When I try to use Advanced Options, Command Prompt it...
  10. Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.: Windows automatically updated and then my audio stopped working so as always I tried turning it on and off again but then it got stuck on the spinning thing. I've included a video i you want to see what it looked like. https://goo.gl/photos/3VQtXAaZ9QN2wev4A, I have not...