Windows 10: after save files on USB external SSD show folders but no files there

Discus and support after save files on USB external SSD show folders but no files there in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please need help I save all my files from laptop on USB external SSD I format whole my laptop next day I look my USB external SSD and it show folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elenaA, Sep 24, 2022.

1. elenaA Win User

after save files on USB external SSD show folders but no files there

Please need help I save all my files from laptop on USB external SSD I format whole my laptop next day I look my USB external SSD and it show folders there but No files, any suggestion what I can try to see my files? thank you

:)

elenaA, Sep 24, 2022

2. help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. after save files on USB external SSD show folders but no files there - Similar Threads - save files USB

2. after save files on USB external SSD show folders but no files there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after save files on USB external SSD show folders but no files there: Please need help I save all my files from laptop on USB external SSD I format whole my laptop next day I look my USB external SSD and it show folders there but No files, any suggestion what I can try to see my files? thank you...
  3. after save files on USB external SSD show folders but no files there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after save files on USB external SSD show folders but no files there: Please need help I save all my files from laptop on USB external SSD I format whole my laptop next day I look my USB external SSD and it show folders there but No files, any suggestion what I can try to see my files? thank you...
  4. External SSD not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD not showing up in file explorer: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect an external SSD drive using USB, however it doesn't show up in the file explorer. When I plug it in, Windows displays it with the correct name in the little menu in the taskbar and offers me to eject it. In the Device Manager it's listed...
  5. External SSD not showing up in file explorer

External SSD not showing up in file explorer: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect an external SSD drive using USB, however it doesn't show up in the file explorer. When I plug it in, Windows displays it with the correct name in the little menu in the taskbar and offers me to eject it. In the Device Manager it's listed...
  6. External SSD not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  8. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  9. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

10. Files and Folders Not Showing on External Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files and Folders Not Showing on External Devices: Hello, I have this issue where the files and folders on an external device (such as an external HDD and USB) are not showing up, yet the device is visible. I only started getting this issue after I connected my USB to another computer which makes me think a virus caused this....