Windows 10: After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals

Discus and support After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Turning the monitor off then on works submitted by /u/DovieUU [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DovieUU, Jul 6, 2020.

1. After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals

/u/DovieUU, Jul 6, 2020

2. Sleep Mode / Screen Turn off Settings

I upgraded my Surface to Windows 10 and now my when I set my sleep mode it also changes the time to Turn off My Display to the same thing. Similarly if I change my Turn off my Display it changes my Sleep settings. For example if I set Sleep Mode to
    Never my Turn Off Display After becomes Never. If I then set my Turn off Display After to 10 minutes my Sleep Mode Changes to 10 minutes. Ultimately the problem Is I can't set my screen to turn off while having the computer never to to sleep. How can I
    fix this?

Bulldozer_Yvr, Jul 6, 2020
  3. lollygags Win User
    Turn off display and sleep mode problem

I have the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 and my computer will not turn off the display or go into sleep mode according to the power settings. I currently have it set to turn off the display after 5 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. I ran the Power
    Troubleshooter and it said it found an issue with the "Turn hard disk off after" selection and changed it to 20 minutes but the displays still won't turn off and the computer doesn't go into sleep mode as scheduled. I am however able to put the pc into sleep
    mode manually from the start menu so it's not like sleep mode doesn't work it just doesn't happen automatically according to the power settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lollygags, Jul 6, 2020
  4. KyleHirth Win User

After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals

Display turns off

My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can
    I fix this in my settings?

KyleHirth, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals

1. After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals - Similar Threads - screen turns off

2. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  3. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  4. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off

Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off: When pressing keyboard or mouse to wake from sleep as Ihave thousands of times in the past my case fans and lights turn on, keyboardand mouse lights turn on momentarily but screen remains black and keyboardand mouse lights immediately turn off. None of the peripherals work...
  6. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  7. After Update, PC Will Not Sleep or Turn Off Display

After Update, PC Will Not Sleep or Turn Off Display: I have tried everything I can find for a solution, but after the recent update, my PC no longer goes to sleep or turns off the display. If I manually do it, it stays asleep, but the timers do not work. My powercfg -requests shows None for all categories. I've reset the...
  8. Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on

Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on: If left idle, my laptop’s display will sometimes turn off after which I cannot turn it back on. It doesn’t seem to be sleeping based on the indicator light on the side, and the only thing I can do is force shut it down by holding the power button. If I manually close my...
  9. WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on: I've been on the forums trying to find a way to fix this issue. Windows 10 updated on October 22. My wifi disabled on the same day (adapter is a Centrino n-6205). All attempts to get the wifi to turn on were stymied. I thought perhaps windows 7 still loaded might be causing...
  10. Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer: My screens keep turning back on immediately after the "When plugged in, turn off after X" time is reached. The screens fade to black and seem to be going to sleep like usual, but turn back on immediately. This problem just started happening and the feature worked fine before....