Windows 10: AFTER SELECTING A GAME THE ICON SPINS THEN FREEZES

Discus and support AFTER SELECTING A GAME THE ICON SPINS THEN FREEZES in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; AFTER SELECTING A GAME THE ICON SPINS THEN FREEZES... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Bryan12, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Bryan12 Win User

AFTER SELECTING A GAME THE ICON SPINS THEN FREEZES

:)

Bryan12, Jan 19, 2020

2. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Jan 19, 2020
  3. mahjong freezes after one game

In order for you to uninstall a game on Windows 10, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon on the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps
      AFTER SELECTING A GAME THE ICON SPINS THEN FREEZES 251fbaa6-1f08-4d95-b085-7fe8e9c91455.jpg
      and then find your game in the list.
    • Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.
    • Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
    • To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.
    • Select My Library.
    • Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

Once your game has been reinstalled, it will be available in the list of apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Jan 19, 2020
  4. AFTER SELECTING A GAME THE ICON SPINS THEN FREEZES

System Stopped Responding aka Freezed

Thank you for your prompt response. Based on your answers, there are possibility that some components of the game are corrupted. If your game is freezing or not responding, uninstalling and reinstalling it will remove and replace the files that run the game.

Here are the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall your game:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list.
    • Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.
    • Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
    • To reinstall your game, open Windows Store app, and then select the profile button.
    • Select My Library.
    • Locate the game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

We also suggest that you restart your computer to normal startup to disable unnecessary apps that run in the background of your computer while you are using it. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click
      OK
    • On the General tab, click the
      Normal Startup
      , and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
      Restart.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the steps above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. AFTER SELECTING A GAME THE ICON SPINS THEN FREEZES - Similar Threads - SELECTING GAME ICON

2. Windows 10 freezes on spinning circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes on spinning circle: So a few hours ago I restarted PC and it kept freezing on the spinning circle after 40-50 seconds since the startup. Right away I noticed that my keyboard and mouse backlight didn't light up it usually does 4-5 seconds after the windows logo appears.Solution options I've...
  3. Windows 10 freezes on spinning circle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes on spinning circle: So a few hours ago I restarted PC and it kept freezing on the spinning circle after 40-50 seconds since the startup. Right away I noticed that my keyboard and mouse backlight didn't light up it usually does 4-5 seconds after the windows logo appears.Solution options I've...
  4. game freezes after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game freezes after launch: I am currently having this issue where some games I play freeze straight after launched and i am still able to hear the game music and main menu sounds. but when i tab out and move my mouse around. it moves in game? so it seems like my game is frozen when tabbed In but when i...
  5. game freezes after launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game freezes after launch: I am currently having this issue where some games I play freeze straight after launched and i am still able to hear the game music and main menu sounds. but when i tab out and move my mouse around. it moves in game? so it seems like my game is frozen when tabbed In but when i...
  6. Boot freezes at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot freezes at spinning dots: As the title says I am currently having an issue with my Win10 computer where whenever I try to boot it up it goes to the spinning dots under the company logo of the MB manufacturer and as soon as the dots appear it freezes. If I force automatic repair the exact same happens...
  7. Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue: PC: i78700k at stock 16GB 3200mhz RAM (default XMP) 2080ti at stock Windows 10 2004 GPU drivers updated, latest bios, latest windows updates. Built PC 2 years ago with a few hardware changes in between. Been working fine up until about a month ago (months after last...
  8. Windows 10 freezes on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes on spinning dots: Hello! I've got quite an annoying problem with my windows 10 desktop. Last week, I was playing games on my computer, as I do every night. While in game, my computer decided to just shut off without any warning. Since then I've restarted it about 50 times, for it to get...
  9. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?: Hi, I recently moved and tried to turn on my Windows 10 PC for the first time and got the BSOD. After trying a few of the fixes for that with no success, I decided I would simply just clean install a new Windows 10 off my bootable USB. So I used my MSi motherboard settings...
  10. Freeze at spinning dots (loading)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze at spinning dots (loading): Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...