Windows 10: After shut down all preferences go away!

Discus and support After shut down all preferences go away! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So second time on 10. I shut down my computer, and when I start it a couple days later, all my preferences are gone. All my work from home log in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnMack, Jan 10, 2016.

1. JohnMack Win User

After shut down all preferences go away!

So second time on 10. I shut down my computer, and when I start it a couple days later, all my preferences are gone. All my work from home log in and service programs...gone! Documents off inn la la land somewhere. It looks like it re-installs 10 for the very first time with Coronia, Edge, etc and more junk. Please help in finding my documents and stopping this from happening after a simple shut down for a few days!!! Can I un-install 10 and go back to 8 without loosing anything?

Also, all my Quciken entries, pictures, everything!!!!! GONE!

:)

JohnMack, Jan 10, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

pc get reboot when shutdown is done

Hold down the power button until it shuts down and then some. Watch the lights. All must go away.

lacrumb, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Application error in Explorer.exe when you shut down or restart Windows

Thanks for the response. But the error is shown no matter how I shut down.

Thankfully, as in the article, the error message does go away on its own after 2/so seconds, & the computer shuts down. That is, I don't have to click anything extra.

PCR Just PCR, Jan 10, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hey JohnMack-

I don't have any suggestions as to why your system is doing that, but do you think using System Restore is an option? (If it's turned on that is)

Thema:

1. After shut down all preferences go away! - Similar Threads - shut down preferences

2. Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.: Hello,Recently for a few days I have been getting occasional bluescreens and freezes whenever I startup my computer, but they seem to go away until the next day when I start my computer again. I did also recently take apart my computer to clean it, unplugging my HDD and...
  3. Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.: Hello,Recently for a few days I have been getting occasional bluescreens and freezes whenever I startup my computer, but they seem to go away until the next day when I start my computer again. I did also recently take apart my computer to clean it, unplugging my HDD and...
  4. Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows not shutting down at all

Windows not shutting down at all: I got my Windows today after repair and I found out that it is not shutting down at all. Using short cut key or the normal method will not work. Before PC is having multiple issues so I decided to bring it to repair shop but now this is the problem....
  6. Windows not shutting down at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not shutting down at all: I got my Windows today after repair and I found out that it is not shutting down at all. Using short cut key or the normal method will not work. Before PC is having multiple issues so I decided to bring it to repair shop but now this is the problem....
  7. files go missing after pc shut down

files go missing after pc shut down: when ever i turn off my computer my files go missing and everything resets and i get logged out of my accounts its annoying to have to redownload everything and log back in everytime my computer has to restart to update or just gets turned off i looked at the user files and...
  8. Shut Down/Reboot After Going to Sleep

Shut Down/Reboot After Going to Sleep: Hi,When my computer goes to sleep it seems to reboot or restart.So when I wake it up and sign in, everything I was working on is gone. My browser has shut down, my documents, everything. My browser says that it didn't shut down properly during restart but I never restarted my...
  9. Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically: It seems just as of late, I'm enjoying my computer being shut down after it goes to sleep. This only happens once in a bit. It does not appear to be heating up whatsoever and all else seems to be working flawlessly. The machine is four years old but never moved off my desk....
  10. Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...

Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...: Frequently, nearly every night, if I use the start menu or timers to tell my computer to sleep, it completely shuts down, closes all apps, and I need to start from scratch in the morning. My system had been running fine, but this started happening after changing to a new CPU...