Windows 10: After shutdown PC comes back to life

Discus and support After shutdown PC comes back to life in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, a while after shut down (not just sleeping) my PC re-boots automatically. I return to it to find it back on, at the Lock Screen. If the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jun 6, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

After shutdown PC comes back to life

Recently, a while after shut down (not just sleeping) my PC re-boots automatically. I return to it to find it back on, at the Lock Screen. If the machine has been on like this for some time, with the charger disconnected, the battery has run down, sometimes to zero. On one occasion it was difficult to get started again until I had left it with the charger on for a few hours.I have not heard of this before. I have checked all power settings and found nothing which seems relevant. Apart from perhaps leaving the charger connected when the PC is switched off I have no idea what to do.

:)

clayto, Jun 6, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 6, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Jun 6, 2019
  4. After shutdown PC comes back to life

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

After shutdown PC comes back to life

1. After shutdown PC comes back to life - Similar Threads - shutdown comes life

2. Power settings keep switching back to default after the pc is shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power settings keep switching back to default after the pc is shutdown: Since the brightness keys are not working I have to set the battery/power settings to control the brightness/dimness. But just after i shutdown the pc, the battery setting go back to default. Any way I could make the battery settings permanent?...
  3. getting life back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting life back: just getting back to life as i know it money and places to luive and being happy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-life-back/acd0ef75-b074-4c67-945d-ce89ddf0c5eb
  4. getting life back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting life back: just getting back to life as i know it money and places to luive and being happy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-life-back/acd0ef75-b074-4c67-945d-ce89ddf0c5eb
  5. getting life back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Screen not coming back on after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not coming back on after sleep: Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep. I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers on, the keyboard lights up, I hear sounds, but no screen. I have to force shutdown (hold power button) and completely re-boot...
  7. PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.: Hello, I've know about the sleep thing for a while now. No matter what I do, if I press sleep, it'll kick back on, for any given reason. Don't know why, or how to stop it. Just recently however within the past few days, when I press shutdown, the PC immediately- and I mean...
  8. Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life: A while back I started a thread concerning my Toshiba laptop. One day it worked fine. Next day it wouldn’t even turn on, using either AC or battery. Even the light on the front, showing connection to AC, remained unlit. Yep, she was completely dead. So, I went and bought a...
  9. My PC comes back on after I shut it down

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My PC comes back on after I shut it down: For the last couple of months, my PC restarts, even when I select Shutdown from the options. I turn it off manually when it does that. Tonight when I came home from being out for dinner, my PC was on, and there was a notification that MS had installed updates. I know with...
  10. computer wont come back to life with mouse movement

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wont come back to life with mouse movement: Hi, A while back I discovered this thread, followed the advice and thought I had hibernate successfully disabled. Currently, there is no evidence I have hibernate enabled. I have no hiberfil.sys file, the registry entry says it is disabled (all zeroes), the is no...