Windows 10: After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

Discus and support After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Salguero, Sep 14, 2022.

1. After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts without any problem. I tried to update the drivers of the motherboard, the graphics card and the processor, install and uninstall them, changed the power plan, tuned off the fast startup... but none of them workedDoes anybody know what could be happening?

:)

David Salguero, Sep 14, 2022
  2. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Sep 14, 2022
  3. Computer shutdowns

when playing games be they microsoft games or others computer shuts down for no reason.

start up does not suggest forced shutdowns etc. Computer is a HP Laptop RTL8821CE

PaulMillerPR, Sep 14, 2022
  4. After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Welcome to the forum After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown :)
    If you are saying that the laptop won't shutdown because you need to choose an option to save MSWord or not then I don't think it's possible to change that procedure when the lid is closed. But, maybe someone knows a registry hack or something to accomplish it
    If you want to force all running apps and software to close without saving then a Command Prompt shortcut is probably the easiest.
    See the Shutdown tutorial Option 8 and decide which Command Prompt is best for you, it will probably be

shutdown /s /f /t 0

After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown [​IMG]
    Note Immediately force running apps to close, and then performs a full shutdown of the computer.
    or
    shutdown /s /hybrid /f /t 0

After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown [​IMG]
    Note Immediately force running applications to close, and then performs a shutdown of the computer and prepares it for fast startup.
    • Copy the Command Prompt
    • Right click on an empty space on the Desktop
    • Select New > Shortcut
    • Paste the Command Prompt in the location box
    • Next
    • The name shutdown should appear in the box, edit that if you want
    • Finish
    Move the shortcut to wherever you like and/or pin to Taskbar or Start

Shut Down Computer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

FrillyBits, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

1. After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown - Similar Threads - shutting down computer

2. Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...: After selecting shut down from start, the screen goes dark as usual but the light indicators remain lit, and the laptop restarts. So it never really shuts down and just starts back up right away.Everything is up to date. I have updated the windows, drivers from MyAsus, and...
  3. Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...: After selecting shut down from start, the screen goes dark as usual but the light indicators remain lit, and the laptop restarts. So it never really shuts down and just starts back up right away.Everything is up to date. I have updated the windows, drivers from MyAsus, and...
  4. After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  5. After shutting down computer, when I try to turn it on I have to force shutdown again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutting down computer, when I try to turn it on I have to force shutdown again: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  6. After shutting down computer, when I try to turn it on I have to force shutdown again

After shutting down computer, when I try to turn it on I have to force shutdown again: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  7. Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.: So I was working on my laptop and all of a sudden it got stuck, nothing moving so I trued to turn on Task manager but it didn't work so I force shut down my laptop but the light indicating the power on is still blinking. I turned it on again and the screen turns on but...
  8. Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to: This has been happening for about a week. version is 2004 build 19041.423 powercfg -requests shows: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...
  9. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  10. After force shut down, PC won't turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After force shut down, PC won't turn back on: I have windows 10 and my computer wasn't logging in (stuck at 'welcome' screen) so I force powered off my computer by holding the power button. I tried turning it back on, but it wouldn't. The lights weren't turning on, on my PC or my mouse and keyboard. The only thing that...