Windows 10: After signing in to Onenote with my school account, how do I sign in to my laptop with my...

Discus and support After signing in to Onenote with my school account, how do I sign in to my laptop with my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For school i had to sign in to onenote using my school account, the next day i tried to go onto my account and it said i had to change my pin because... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JayR567, Feb 11, 2021.

1. JayR567 Win User

After signing in to Onenote with my school account, how do I sign in to my laptop with my...

For school i had to sign in to onenote using my school account, the next day i tried to go onto my account and it said i had to change my pin because of my administrator. I was wondering how do i make my account personal again if there is any way.

* Moved from Mobile Devices

* Original title: Personal laptop

:)

JayR567, Feb 11, 2021
  2. CSMR(2) Win User

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Feb 11, 2021
  3. CSMR(2) Win User
    Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

The Onenote app also has broader account-related issues:

• Sign in with Microsoft account, and Onenote syncs to that.
    • Remove this account from Onenote only, and add a different Microsoft account.
    OneNote does not sync the new account's OneNote files, only sees the old account's files, and gives an error "OneNote needs a password to sync this notebook -> Sign In" where the "Sign In" button does nothing.

CSMR(2), Feb 11, 2021
  4. After signing in to Onenote with my school account, how do I sign in to my laptop with my...

Sign in without school account

My windows 10 laptop keeps prompting me to sign in with my work or school microsoft account, but I don't have one anymore, and this is my laptop not my school's. How do I get it to stop asking me?

AoifeLozano, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

After signing in to Onenote with my school account, how do I sign in to my laptop with my...

1. After signing in to Onenote with my school account, how do I sign in to my laptop with my... - Similar Threads - signing Onenote school

2. My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.: What I can do is.I can Sign in to MS Teams + OneNote on my PC and phone at home.I can sign into MSO365 on my PC + phone and Laptop through the web browser.What I cannot do is on my Laptop sign into MS Team or OneNote on my Laptop. The Laptop will not process the login.Yes the...
  3. My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.: What I can do is.I can Sign in to MS Teams + OneNote on my PC and phone at home.I can sign into MSO365 on my PC + phone and Laptop through the web browser.What I cannot do is on my Laptop sign into MS Team or OneNote on my Laptop. The Laptop will not process the login.Yes the...
  4. I can't sign in to my school account

I can't sign in to my school account: I get an error message that my files might not be synchronized, and when I try to log in using my password, it just stays on "please wait one moment" after which I get asked for my password again in a never ending cycle. I've tried deleting the account from my computer and...
  5. I can't sign in to my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my school account: I get an error message that my files might not be synchronized, and when I try to log in using my password, it just stays on "please wait one moment" after which I get asked for my password again in a never ending cycle. I've tried deleting the account from my computer and...
  6. I cannot sign into my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my school account: I unlinked the account because it wouldn't let me verify the account and it was making me not able to sign into microsoft 360. then when i try to go back in, it says this error message all teh time....
  7. I cannot sign into my school account

I cannot sign into my school account: I unlinked the account because it wouldn't let me verify the account and it was making me not able to sign into microsoft 360. then when i try to go back in, it says this error message all teh time....
  8. I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.: The last thing i did on my windows 11 laptop was link my microsoft account on it before shutting down. Now i can't use my computer because it's not doing anything everytime i click sign in on the home screen. When i click the sign in button i see 'welcome' for a brief moment...
  9. I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.

I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.: The last thing i did on my windows 11 laptop was link my microsoft account on it before shutting down. Now i can't use my computer because it's not doing anything everytime i click sign in on the home screen. When i click the sign in button i see 'welcome' for a brief moment...
  10. How do I access my local account on Windows 11 after signing in with a work or school account?

How do I access my local account on Windows 11 after signing in with a work or school account?: I set up my computer with a local admin account not a Microsoft account or a "work or school account" on Windows 11 Enterprise. Then I added a work account, which I gave standard privileges not an admin. Now, when I go to the login screen, I'm only given access to "work or...