Windows 10: After Signing in & Working on Documents For A While, at Random, Windows 10 Plays A Short...

Discus and support After Signing in & Working on Documents For A While, at Random, Windows 10 Plays A Short... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After Signing in & Working on Documents For A While, at Random, Windows 10 Plays A Short Jingle Alarm in the background - Where is this alarm coming... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lexx Luthor, May 8, 2020.

1. After Signing in & Working on Documents For A While, at Random, Windows 10 Plays A Short...

After Signing in & Working on Documents For A While, at Random, Windows 10 Plays A Short Jingle Alarm in the background - Where is this alarm coming from? I checked Windows 10 clock/alarm app & nothing is set there. How do I disable this jingle? The alarm is best described as a pleasant sounding short jingle or melody that plays & then stops with no interaction from me. There is no accompanying pop-up error message with it.

It usually happens once in a day & at random through the week. It's not constant or ongoing. Please do not venture down troubleshooting lane & assume that my Windows User Profile is corrupted. Don't waste your time, you will be ignored.

I had just set up Windows 10 a very short while ago & I'm running Malwarebytes & Norton Internet Security for security since I set up Windows 10. Ok community, tell me what you know. Thanks.

:)

Lexx Luthor, May 8, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, May 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

After Signing in & Working on Documents For A While, at Random, Windows 10 Plays A Short...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 8, 2020
Thema:

After Signing in & Working on Documents For A While, at Random, Windows 10 Plays A Short...

1. After Signing in & Working on Documents For A While, at Random, Windows 10 Plays A Short... - Similar Threads - Signing Working Documents

2. PC randomly reboot shortly after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly reboot shortly after boot: Hi, I'm having some trouble with my custom-built Windows 11 PC. For the past few months, I've been experiencing random bugs that cause my PC to reboot shortly after booting up. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's quite annoying.Unfortunately, I haven't been able to...
  3. PC randomly reboot shortly after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly reboot shortly after boot: Hi, I'm having some trouble with my custom-built Windows 11 PC. For the past few months, I've been experiencing random bugs that cause my PC to reboot shortly after booting up. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's quite annoying.Unfortunately, I haven't been able to...
  4. Windows randomly reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly reboots while playing games: Hello, I've been having this issue for a few months now, where about 30 minutes after playing any video game, my computer screen shuts off, the fan whirrs, and my computer restarts. I've checked eventviewer, which gives me the following error:The computer has rebooted from a...
  5. Windows randomly reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly reboots while playing games: Hello, I've been having this issue for a few months now, where about 30 minutes after playing any video game, my computer screen shuts off, the fan whirrs, and my computer restarts. I've checked eventviewer, which gives me the following error:The computer has rebooted from a...
  6. Laptop shut downs randomly shortly after keyboard stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shut downs randomly shortly after keyboard stop working: Hello there, I have bought my laptop a year ago or so and for last 1-2 months randomly, while watching a video on youtube or playing games like valorant or elite dangerous, firstly my keyboard stops registering as if it doesn't work while my mouse and the games etc. keep...
  7. Windows 10 Still Goes to Sleep after random short intervals

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Still Goes to Sleep after random short intervals: I posted a question about this before, and I reloaded windows, and I thought it solved the problem, it did not, and all it cost me was a lot of heartache after reloading windows. I thought maybe it was connected to the GEForce Graphics Updates, and sometimes it seems as it...
  8. Windows 10 Not working shortly after installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Not working shortly after installation: I've tried searching for this issue but I had no success so I'm here to see if anyone can help me. I recently built a new pc and I'm in the process of installing windows 10. I used a USB windows boot drive and everything went smoothly. Shortly after getting windows setup...
  9. Windows 10 Random BSODs While Playing Overwatch

Windows 10 Random BSODs While Playing Overwatch: Hello. I have been experiencing random BSODs since April of this year. They always occur while I'm on Overwatch and never seem to happen any other time. It might just be a coincidence that it seems to occur while I'm playing Overwatch simply because I'm on it a lot, but at...
  10. BSOD appears after/while playing a game and randomly

BSOD appears after/while playing a game and randomly: Hello. As the title say, I have multiple BSOD while playing games (Overwatch or ESO), sometime right after I close the game or, more rarely, after I boot up the computer. The first BSOD (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION) I get, was a driver issue with my mouse...