Windows 10: After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint

Discus and support After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, i hope there is somebody who can help me with this issue. When i wake up my Thinkpad and want to login via Fingerpint it recognized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thomasfjen, Mar 22, 2021.

1. After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint

Hello Everybody, i hope there is somebody who can help me with this issue.

When i wake up my Thinkpad and want to login via Fingerpint it recognized the finger but it goes to another "lock screen" and i have to enter my pin or select pin and put my finger again on the fingerprint reader. (See Video)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AHPzwumtUQJUGyFS6

After a complete shutdown it works without a problem.

I've got a Thinkpad T480 and already got the latest Fingerprint Reader driver.

The first time the problemed occured it was running Windows 10 20H2 upgraded and updated for a long time (It was running 2,5 Years).

Then i completely wiped the disk and reinstalled Windows from scratch with the latests drivers supplied by Lenovo Vantage -> Still the same Problem.

Now updated to 21H1 Insider and still the same Problem.

Is there someone who had the same problem and found a solution?

submitted by /u/thomasfjen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thomasfjen, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Mar 22, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint

1. After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint - Similar Threads - Sleep Hello doesn't

2. After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Sleep Windows Hello doesn't unlock via Fingerprint: Hello Everybody, i hope there is somebody who can help me with this issue.When i wake up my Thinkpad and want to login via Fingerpint it recognized the finger but it goes to another "lock screen" and i have to enter my pin or select pin and put my finger again on the...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner doesn't work Not Compatible

Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner doesn't work Not Compatible: Greetings,I am using a HP Envy M6 - 1213tx Purchased in 2013.Recently I have done a SSD upgrade, and I did a fresh Windows install.Since then, I am unable to use the fingerprint scanner.It says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello...
  4. Fingerprint unlock issues

Fingerprint unlock issues: Split from this thread. Fingerprint unlock issues Each time the lock screen appears a glitch occurs where I cannot use my fingerprint to unlock on the lenovo think pad T480s laptop. I have to incorrectly enter a pin number first, and then I am able to select the...
  5. Hello doesn't unlock win

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hello doesn't unlock win: Hello, I just configured my Win Hello Fingerprint , but it doesn't unlock my windows though! Error message: "Your credentials couldn't be verified" . Win10, version 1809, build 17763.1518 It's my work laptop which is part of a domain Regards 167377
  6. my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work

my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work: my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work when i try to sign in. when i look at it in settings it just says this option is currently unavailable, please try again latter, or something went wrong please try again latter. I also can't click add another...
  7. WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT

WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT: Hi! Previously i've been using the windows hello fingerprint. But suudenly it cant be use anymore. any solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/ad476902-64d0-4c34-bc8b-b6536eb02dfa
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint

Windows Hello Fingerprint: when I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, the message shows "something went wrong. try again later." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/138f8868-fe3c-459e-b311-898a6c258493
  9. Windows Hello Fingerprint fails after sleep/resume after 1903 upgrade

Windows Hello Fingerprint fails after sleep/resume after 1903 upgrade: I've been using a Benss USB fingerprint reader for Windows Hello (Windows 10 Pro) for several months now - and prior to 1903 it worked perfectly - after a resume, it instantly logged me in as soon as the Windows screen appeared and I touched the sensor. Now I can't get it to...
  10. Windows Hello (fingerprint) disables itself after returning from Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello (fingerprint) disables itself after returning from Sleep: Hello. In my Toshiba Satellite I've recently noticed that my Windows Hello fingerprint authentication is disabled each time my laptop returns from sleep (it works fine during reboots or shutdowns and power on). If I want to use fingerprint authentication again, I've to...