Windows 10: After some 2 days of being on and active computer starts noice & slow

Discus and support After some 2 days of being on and active computer starts noice & slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; but components aren't heating up and HDD's stops spinning too.. but the box keeps noice almost like a bit of shaking and windows slows down a lot!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ArmaRayo, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ArmaRayo Win User

After some 2 days of being on and active computer starts noice & slow

but components aren't heating up and HDD's stops spinning too.. but the box keeps noice almost like a bit of shaking and windows slows down a lot!

where to start to solve this issue?

win10 pro x64
    ssd, i5 ivy, z77, ddr3 8gb
    asus hd 7850 2gb

:)

ArmaRayo, Jan 7, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jan 7, 2019
  3. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Ruth2340 Win User

Why is Cortana so slow and right after major updates installed 2 days ago?

Major updates were installed 2 days ago May 22, 2018, and now Cortana is very very slow and half the time if I type something into Cortana, it does not get it all by the time Cortana comes up, so I have to retype and of course back to being so slow it
    is ridiculous. I love Cortana, but not like this. Help someone, and please don't tell me to do a dozen steps to get it fixed like the Shell thing, run as Administrator when I already am the Administrator, live alone, no one else has access to my lap top.
    I am 78 and not computer literate and do not need those steps you always suggest. The new updates caused this issue. It was absolutely fine before those updates.

Ruth2340, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. After some 2 days of being on and active computer starts noice & slow - Similar Threads - days being active

2. Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my laptop. One time when I was in vacation, I wasn't able to use my laptop for some time. A weeks maybe. When I tried to use it again, it won't work the same as it used to. The laptop's performance was really bad. It was lagging and...
  3. Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my laptop. One time when I was in vacation, I wasn't able to use my laptop for some time. A weeks maybe. When I tried to use it again, it won't work the same as it used to. The laptop's performance was really bad. It was lagging and...
  4. Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Computer Is making Noice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Computer Is making Noice: Hi Everyone! Can anyone help me in solving my problem? My Computer is making much noice when I turn it On, right after 5-10 minutes. It starts making noice. Can you help me in this?...
  6. Computer slows down after being afk

Computer slows down after being afk: Hello,I'm having problems with my laptop lately, probably something to do with harddisk. 5 days ago my computer was slowed down really bad. I had a message like "fixing c: stage 1... " when I turned on my computer. This process took more than 1 hour.Now when I go afk for a...
  7. Win10 running EXTREMELY slow after being unplugged all day

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 running EXTREMELY slow after being unplugged all day: Its running so slow, i started this thread on my PC, and typed the subject in blind (as the keyboard strokes are so delayed, its still typing the thread subject now while i do this on my phone). Its been unplugged all day as an electrician has been round. Turned it on, and...
  8. Windows very slow on startup after some days off

Windows very slow on startup after some days off: From about a month I have this issue: I leave home during the weekends so the PC stays turned off. When I come back and try to boot it up, it literally takes half an hour to boot, and when its booted it is very slow and laggy for another half hour, with app not starting and...
  9. Computer being slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer being slow: my computer has been loading slowly recently and is having issues loading up files. What should I do? My computer used to be able to load up anything pretty quick and be able to load up to 20 images. Now it can barely get to able 7 before closing out my other photos....
  10. PC Won't Start After 2 Day Shutdown

PC Won't Start After 2 Day Shutdown: Normally I leave my PC on all of the time. Just do restarts for updates. This time before leaving town I shutdown. This morning after 2 days it would not start. I disconnected the batteries for a while to reset the BIOS, but that didn't help. Don't know if it matters,...