Windows 10: After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10

Discus and support After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About 1 week ago, I upgraded my HP Pavilion x360 2018 from a HDD to a SSD. It worked fine the first couple of days, then 1 day, when I kept my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianYT5, Jul 20, 2020.

1. BrianYT5 Win User

After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10

About 1 week ago, I upgraded my HP Pavilion x360 2018 from a HDD to a SSD. It worked fine the first couple of days, then 1 day, when I kept my computer to sleep, I turned it on again and I put in my PIN like usual. Then it said Welcome, for about 1 minute and I was wondering if something was wrong. After that, I got Blue Screened. It said unexpected_store_exception or something like that. After that when it restarted, it had a black screen and would not boot into Windows. I was trying to fix it as fast as I could because I needed to use it, then after doing some random force shutdowns and restarts I don't know what happened, but it boot in. Then later maybe a few more days, when I boot up the computer, it had the same problem again. It had a black screen again, and could not boot into Windows. At that point I was wondering, why does Windows have so much problems? I did some random restarting and shutdowns and I don't know what happened, it booted in. And now, when I try to boot, ITS NOT WORKING AGAIN! I can't force shutdown and randomly restart almost everyday!!! I need to use the computer!!! Someone please please help!!

:)

BrianYT5, Jul 20, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Black screen after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Sanders,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

There can be many reasons for booting to a blank screen. These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer. The main causes observed are:

• Problems with the driver for your display adapter;
    • The video output is being sent to an unexpected port;
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa
    (August 7, 2015) in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for black screen:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 20, 2020
  4. After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10

Windows 10 black screen after upgrade

Hi Shridhar,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Black screen issue. I will certainly help you.

There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen. These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes observed are:

• Problems with the driver for your display adapter

• The video output is being sent to an unexpected port
    I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions provided by Sharath Srinivasa and see if this helps in resolving the issue.

Keep us posted with the status of the black screen issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10

1. After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SSD upgrade sometimes

2. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  3. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  4. Black screen after boot on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot on windows 10: Sir, I bought a new graphics Nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb ddr2. When I seated the graphics on pci x16 port, it started up but after windows 10 boot, I can't see anything...the keyboard power goes out and comes in...on off on off... Now what will i do? I can't see anything...
  5. Black screen after boot on windows 10 on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot on windows 10 on: Sir, I bought a new graphics Nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb ddr2. When I seated the graphics on pci x16 port, it started up but after windows 10 boot, I can't see anything...the keyboard power goes out and comes in...on off on off... Now what will i do? I can't see anything...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  8. SSD Booting to Black Screen After Migration

SSD Booting to Black Screen After Migration: I am attempting to upgrade my Dell desktop from the original HDD to a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. The original drive is 1 TB, the new one is 500 GB. I am running Windows 10. I downloaded the Samsung Migration software, powered down the computer, installed the SSD into the machine...
  9. Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.: Used MediaCreationTool2004 on a Verbatim 8gb USB. Someone asked me to fix a laptop which has problems booting. At first, when turned on it gave me the 0x0000185 error. I tried booting from the EFI file which booted the system properly. So I went on and copied user's...
  10. Black screen after Booting windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after Booting windows 10: Finally after months, windows 10 2004 update offered for my Desktop pc and I’ve updated it and it was good at everything like performance and speed but after 2 or 3 hours my pc download 2020-08 Cumulative update for .Net framework 3.5 and 4.8 for windows 10 version 2004 for...