Windows 10: After Startup and login my Surface 4 Pro shuts down

Discus and support After Startup and login my Surface 4 Pro shuts down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Blue screen stating a error has occurred and then needs to restart. It restarts, log on and it works fine for the rest of your session. The restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Larry SusanneHudson, Nov 5, 2018.

1. After Startup and login my Surface 4 Pro shuts down

Blue screen stating a error has occurred and then needs to restart. It restarts, log on and it works fine for the rest of your session. The restart takes 2-3 times longer than it normal startup time and also after you input your password , this also takes longer and is not instant like when you first log on (input of your last character of the password)Win 10 Build 1803 I believe.

Thanks

:)

Larry SusanneHudson, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Nov 6, 2018
  4. After Startup and login my Surface 4 Pro shuts down

Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

After Startup and login my Surface 4 Pro shuts down

1. After Startup and login my Surface 4 Pro shuts down - Similar Threads - Startup login Surface

2. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.: It started with not going in to sleep mode, just shutting down. Now it is shutting down in the middle of me working. It freezes, then there is a brief flash prior to shutting down. Help!...
  3. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.: It started with not going in to sleep mode, just shutting down. Now it is shutting down in the middle of me working. It freezes, then there is a brief flash prior to shutting down. Help!...
  4. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  6. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  7. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My PC shuts down after login

My PC shuts down after login: I just finished moving my parts to a different case and when I booted it up and logged in my cursor gets stuck to the right of the screen and seconds later it shuts down completely and it keeps happening I dont know what to do...
  9. My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down

My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down: My Surface Pro 6, running Windows 10, is stuck on the sign out screen. Little circle just keeps swirling and swirling. I have tried holding down the power button. The screen flickers, but nothing else happens. I have removed the power cord, the external drive and the...
  10. Surface Pro continually shutting down

Surface Pro continually shutting down: My surface Pro continually shuts down every two minutes or less regardless of sleep and shut down times selected for battery and plugged in operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-continually-shutting-down/e37063eb-d33c-41a4-893f-202467a342a3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface shuts down after logon

2. surface pro shuts down after startup