Windows 10: After Sysprep admin account settings were restored, unable to re-join the domain?

Discus and support After Sysprep admin account settings were restored, unable to re-join the domain? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I needed to make a backup of a Windows 10 PC ready to be delivered to a new employee, to have an ISO image ready to deploy for the future.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarcelloLigi, Jan 7, 2021.

1. After Sysprep admin account settings were restored, unable to re-join the domain?

Hi there,

I needed to make a backup of a Windows 10 PC ready to be delivered to a new employee, to have an ISO image ready to deploy for the future.

I have runned Sysprep to remove Windows SID, but after that basically the admin account was kept but all settings were initialized, the PC name was changed and it was removed from the domain, also the User domain I had set up and configured for this new employee disappeared.

Did sysprep cancelled the users?

Why I'm unable to re-join the domain now? it says can't find the domain name but it is correct!!

Why the hell Windows didn't prompt a warning message during sysprep like "all users will be deleted, and account admin settings reset"

as far as I knew sysprep had to remove the Windows SID in order to deploy the backup in other machines, not to delete users and settings!

Why is not recognizing my domain anymore now?

:)

MarcelloLigi, Jan 7, 2021

2. Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

I would like to know if I can install windows 10 on a device (let's say reference device) with a master key (Volume key) and then install the software, create the users, configure the local group policies and finally CLONE it without Sysprep (I believe Sysprep removes some local user group policies and registry settings related to users profiles) and deploy it on multiple non-joined-domain devices with similar hardware specs?
    • The main reason that I don't want to do sysprep is that the devices (Standalone disconnected Kiosks) have 3 or 4 local user accounts with different user account groups and security settings and probably different shells.

SinaEscobar, Jan 7, 2021
  3. nvrmnd Win User
    Windows 10 Domain Join Limit Reached on Domain Admin Account

I work for a small company in the IT department and have a Domain Administrator account. I recently tried joining a newly imaged computer to the domain and have gotten the "Exceeded the maximum number of computer accounts you are allowed to create in
    this domain" error message.

It's my understanding that Domain Admins are not restricted in the number of accounts they can join. Any thoughts why this might be happening and how to correct it?

nvrmnd, Jan 7, 2021
  4. After Sysprep admin account settings were restored, unable to re-join the domain?

Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

After Sysprep admin account settings were restored, unable to re-join the domain?

1. After Sysprep admin account settings were restored, unable to re-join the domain? - Similar Threads - Sysprep admin account

2. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  3. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  4. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Domain Join Limit Reached on Domain Admin Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Domain Join Limit Reached on Domain Admin Account: I work for a small company in the IT department and have a Domain Administrator account. I recently tried joining a newly imaged computer to the domain and have gotten the "Exceeded the maximum number of computer accounts you are allowed to create in this domain" error...
  6. Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?: Can the same PC have one account set up that's domain-joined (to work), and another personal account that's NOT domain-joined? I'm guessing the answer is more likely no, since domain seems to be a machine-level and not an account-level setting. What I'd like to be able to...
  7. Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs: I would like to know if I can install windows 10 on a device (let's say reference device) with a master key (Volume key) and then install the software, create the users, configure the local group policies and finally CLONE it without Sysprep (I believe Sysprep removes some...
  8. Windows 10 - Sysprep - Unable to use new account after sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Sysprep - Unable to use new account after sysprep: Hi everyone, I am an imaging/sysprep noob and would like some advice. I have been trying to create an image for a network that will use multiple accounts. I edit the Admin profile in audit mode and add everything I'll need and create the image through WinPE. After I push...
  9. Unable to join client to Domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to join client to Domain: Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks still no head way te: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's...
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...