Windows 10: After system down load can't sign in profile lost

Discus and support After system down load can't sign in profile lost in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Can't log in .Says profile unloaded.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by A. User, Mar 12, 2020.

1. A. User Win User

After system down load can't sign in profile lost

Can't log in .Says profile unloaded.

:)

A. User, Mar 12, 2020

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Mar 12, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done After system down load can't sign in profile lost :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 12, 2020
  4. VinceB Win User

User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. After system down load can't sign in profile lost - Similar Threads - system down load

2. Can't sign in after system wipe

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in after system wipe: I reset my windows 10 via system settings. Upon reaching log on screen it won't recognise my pin nor will it allow me to reset it either. I am completely locked out of my pc...
  3. Can't sign in after system wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in after system wipe: I reset my windows 10 via system settings. Upon reaching log on screen it won't recognise my pin nor will it allow me to reset it either. I am completely locked out of my pc...
  4. Can't sign in after system wipe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Error after...

"The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Error after...: I restarted my HP pavilion laptop intel core i5, GEFORCE GTX and can no longer get into the device. I selected redownload windows 10 and delete all my files. When loading it had trouble at first the jumped from 55% and said undoing downloads or something to a similar effect....
  6. "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Error after...

"The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Error after...: I restarted my HP pavilion laptop intel core i5, GEFORCE GTX and can no longer get into the device. I selected redownload windows 10 and delete all my files. When loading it had trouble at first the jumped from 55% and said undoing downloads or something to a similar effect....
  7. "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Error after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded after hard...

the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded after hard...: I keep getting an error that I'm missing system32 files and I really don't know what to do anymore. Can someone pls help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-sign-in-and/bff87bbf-bc89-4144-9d96-c547181971a8
  9. the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded after hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded after hard...: I keep getting an error that I'm missing system32 files and I really don't know what to do anymore. Can someone pls help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-sign-in-and/bff87bbf-bc89-4144-9d96-c547181971a8
  10. Profile not loading after update

Profile not loading after update: I just updated my Windows and now my profile wont load anymore. I got the sign in page but when you enter after putting your password or PIN it goes straightly in blank screen without anything or even cursor. I cant do anything at all and I need to force shutdown the computer...