Windows 10: After system restore fail, my laptop is stuck at repair settings

Discus and support After system restore fail, my laptop is stuck at repair settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! My laptop just got stuck on the troubleshoot or restore settings. I also forgot my password and when i click on forgot my password it my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Imjustnew, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Imjustnew Win User

After system restore fail, my laptop is stuck at repair settings

Hello! My laptop just got stuck on the troubleshoot or restore settings. I also forgot my password and when i click on forgot my password it my laptop restarts and it just becomes a loop. Pls help

:)

Imjustnew, Sep 27, 2020

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Sep 27, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. After system restore fail, my laptop is stuck at repair settings - Similar Threads - system restore fail

2. My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!: I tried doing a system restore, and it was stuck on finished for about an hour, so I force shut down my laptop. After that, I tried doing another system restore and this time it failed with an error. My laptop then attempted to restart itself but this time it couldn’t even...
  3. My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!: I tried doing a system restore, and it was stuck on finished for about an hour, so I force shut down my laptop. After that, I tried doing another system restore and this time it failed with an error. My laptop then attempted to restart itself but this time it couldn’t even...
  4. My laptop is not booting after a failed system restore. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  6. Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  7. Windows 10 BSoD - Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

Windows 10 BSoD - Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  8. After a System restore computer fails to repair

After a System restore computer fails to repair: So I did a system restore and after waking up in the morning I saw that the system still didn't restore. So I powered off my device and restored it. The acer Logo shows and says its repairing the pc. After that it will give me the advanced options and such. I've tried wiping...
  9. someone help. my laptop is stuck on system restore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    someone help. my laptop is stuck on system restore.: So my laptop wasnt booting into windows. and i couldn't even get into the BIOS even though it was on the acer post-screen. I restarted my laptop 3 times to get the diagnostic tool up so that i could system restore. However, it has been stuck on the restore screen for an hour...
  10. Stuck in repair after downgrade fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in repair after downgrade fail: So after installing w10 without problems it seemed to have slowed my computer down and since I didn't like it I decided to downgrade again to 8.1. But for some reason it failed and now I'm stuck in repair mode that fails every time, same goes for reboot. I'm far from an...