Windows 10: After testing win 10 security with EICAR it seems to still hold it in memory as a threat...

Discus and support After testing win 10 security with EICAR it seems to still hold it in memory as a threat... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wonder how I can clear the red X mark on windows security icon and when you hover over it it states "Action Required" ...I carry out the actions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulMDL, Jun 21, 2019.

1. PaulMDL Win User

After testing win 10 security with EICAR it seems to still hold it in memory as a threat...

I wonder how I can clear the red X mark on windows security icon and when you hover over it it states "Action Required" ...I carry out the actions required ...it Runs the virus checker and states no viruses however the X in the small icon of the program it mentions current threats as "Eicar" .

The USB stick it is on is not plugged in . I have tried to clear history ...etc .

Do I actually have to let windows security see the USB stick and the test file within it , deal with it as such , either remove or quarantine , and only then will I get the warning X in the Icon of the program to disappear .

:)

PaulMDL, Jun 21, 2019

2. EICAR-Test-Virus

I Cannot remove the Eicar-Test-Virus from C:/Windows/Temp

it just keeps multiplying. 322 today.

every antivirus removes it . my desktop freezes and when I relaunch the pc they are back again in Temp files.

VSonyPowerGaming, Jun 21, 2019
  3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    How do I remove quarantined threats

Since Defender did it's job by identifying and quarantined the threat, what will I gain by testing it as you suggest?

4. After testing win 10 security with EICAR it seems to still hold it in memory as a threat...

Test Defender Advanced Threat Protection

We have a few Win 10 Enterprise PC's enabled for ATP and I am looking for a way to test the system. Does anyone have any information on how I can safely do a malware campaign to ensure everything is working and reporting properly. In the past I just used
    EICAR but I'd like to see something a bit more comprehensive.

mtnman1000, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

After testing win 10 security with EICAR it seems to still hold it in memory as a threat...

1. After testing win 10 security with EICAR it seems to still hold it in memory as a threat... - Similar Threads - testing security EICAR

2. Defender shows threat removed but seems still to be active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender shows threat removed but seems still to be active.: Defender keeps showing threat that was removed 2 weeks previously and the shield has red cross in it. Threat is Win32./Dllinject.MA!MTB. Thx...
  3. Defender shows threat removed but seems still to be active.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender shows threat removed but seems still to be active.: Defender keeps showing threat that was removed 2 weeks previously and the shield has red cross in it. Threat is Win32./Dllinject.MA!MTB. Thx...
  4. BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST: I know there's a bad stick among the 4 sticks in use on my MB, but maybe someone can confirm this event is based on bad RAM.Thank you for your time, I think I've covered all the events today, pretty frustrating. Please refer to the file at the...
  5. BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST: I know there's a bad stick among the 4 sticks in use on my MB, but maybe someone can confirm this event is based on bad RAM.Thank you for your time, I think I've covered all the events today, pretty frustrating. Please refer to the file at the...
  6. How Should The Installed Microsoft Antivirus React After Downloading An Eicar Test...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Should The Installed Microsoft Antivirus React After Downloading An Eicar Test...: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,How should the installed Microsoft antivirus react after downloading an Eicar test file?,because in my case, every Eicar test file can be fully downloaded and installed and explored.My installed Microsoft antivirus is actually leaving them all...
  7. Windows Security Still showing a Threat!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Still showing a Threat!: I had an unknown file downloaded during online browsing, which later had been deleted from my downloads immediately by Microsoft Edge due to smart screen being on, But windows security still shows as threat on the dashboard, when my downloads folder is completely empty...
  8. In Chrome, closed tabs still seem to be holding in memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Chrome, closed tabs still seem to be holding in memory: Why does Chrome hold memory for all tabs that were opened, even after tabs are already closed. For example, Task Manager shows 40 tabs in memory while only 12 tabs are currently open....
  9. Conflicting memory tests

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conflicting memory tests: Testing a new rig with 32GB (2x16) of DDR4, 2333MHz ram (Patriot Viper Elite PVE432G266C6KGY) on an Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard. BTW- Patriot 2666 RAM is not on the QVL for this board (none). Thought I'd chance it, Patriot makes good RAM, usually. I ran Memtest86 (by...
  10. Windows memory test.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows memory test.: Hello, When I run windows memory diagnostic the F1 button does nothing. It is there but does not change the screen at all. The test seems to have already commenced when I get the screen that it's running. Anyone can help? Windows 10 64bit 16MB RAM (2 x 8). Gigabyte...