Windows 10: After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS.

Discus and support After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer stopped being able to access my Western Digital MyBookLive NAS. I can create network location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SAGB - MCET, Jan 28, 2020.

1. After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS.

After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer stopped being able to access my Western Digital MyBookLive NAS.

I can create network location links under "This PC" as long as I specify a specific folder on the MyBookLive, but I can no longer access the main folder location of "\\MyBookLive\".

I checked my settings under "Turn Windows Features on or off" and the SMB settings were disabled after the update. I turned them back on, and no difference, it still will not access anything on the NAS without creating links to specific folders and entering a user name and password. I did not have to do that before.

What can I do to fix this?

This is the error I get:

---------------

Windows cannot access \\MyBookLive\

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To Try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.

---------------

Issue found

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection.

Contact your network administrator

--------------

The device or resource MyBookLive is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing SMB".

:)

SAGB - MCET, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Cannot access Western Digital NAS with File Browser after upgrading to Windows 10

Just over a month ago I upgraded from Windows 7 Home 64-bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I found that I was no longer able to access a Western Digital MyBookLive NAS on my home LAN network through the File Browser, or indeed with the file browsers of
    any of the installed programs. Subsequently, I rolled back to Windows 7 largely due this problem and in part as a result of issues that arose after attempting to recover a disc back-up of the Windows 10 system that I had created after upgrading.

I raised the MyBookLive access problem on the Western Digital Community forum and have been avidly monitoring the responses that have have come back. Here is the thread:

Windows 10 Cannot access My Book Live with File Browser

Clearly others are experiencing the same or similar issues. Some have suggested various workarounds and hacks, which to my mind should not be necessary, and I certainly to not wish to find myself having to try this and that to see if it works. There needs
    to be a formal fix for this problem, whether that needs to come from Microsoft or Western Digital. Current opinion from that thread is that the problem lies with Windows.

As such, I am addressing it here first. Please, no suggested hacks.

Thanks.

Inapickle2, Jan 28, 2020
  4. After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS.

Windows 10 - NAS Drive

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Is the system connected to domain network?

• Have you updated the network drivers in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by the
    Smithhead9 on May 7, 2015 and check if it helps.

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS.

1. After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS. - Similar Threads - last major update

2. After Windows 10 update, can no longer access encrypted files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Windows 10 update, can no longer access encrypted files: My windows 10 PC was updated overnight. I can no longer access my encrypted files. I get "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privilieges ....". What happened? Tell me how to get my access privileges returned. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004...
  3. No audio after uninstalling the last major update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after uninstalling the last major update: My computer was crashing before windows start. I fixed this issue by uninstalling the last major update on the advanced settings. The problem is: after doing that, the audio doesn't work anymore. I already installed the realtek audio drivers from my motherboard h61m-e...
  4. Major issues after last update......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major issues after last update......: Last MS update really mad a mess of my system, constantly disconnecting from internet and sometimes fail to recognize the network adapter as well. And yes I have already updated the drivers for the adapter and they are all fine expect Windows who seems incapable to uphold a...
  5. Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible: After July 20 Windows 10 2004 updates, file explorer reports cannot access 3 of 5 LAN NAS. Affected NAS are 2 Netgear Readynas Duo and 1 Netgear Readynas Duo v2. Unaffected NAS are 1 Netgear Readynas 102 and 1 WD MyBookLive. Troubleshooter does not resolve. Same problem on...
  6. This windows 10 pc can no longer accesss my NAS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This windows 10 pc can no longer accesss my NAS drive: This PC has been backing up to a LaCie Cloud storage device on my home netwrk for the past several years and now is no longer able to do it's weekly backup and I can not open the drive in file explorer on this pc. All the other devices in my house can still open the drive in...
  7. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10: I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login page and then the...
  8. Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10.

Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10.: Since the latest major Windows 10 update, I can no longer access my Western Digital MyBookLive through "This PC". There are also other problems associated with this issue. I can create "Network Locations" to the shared folders but there are file size restrictions when...
  9. After Win10 update to Ver 1607 x64, can no longer access NAS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Win10 update to Ver 1607 x64, can no longer access NAS: Windows 10 updated to Version 1607 and I can no longer access my Synology NAS. I have attempted every potential solution I have found on the net to no avail. I have another machine running WIN10 that I disabled windows update on and it's at version 1511 and the NAS is...
  10. No longer can access my Synology NAS

No longer can access my Synology NAS: I can no longer access my Synology NAS through File Explorer or assign a drive letter to it via "net use" on two of my computers. I recently removed SMBv1 from them. A third computer can see the NAS as I have not uninstalled SMB1 from that yet. Is there some workaround to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. i cant connect to my wd my book live

3. my book connected but no icon?

4. connect mylivebook,
  5. connect to my book live