Windows 10: After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts.

Discus and support After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts. Is this normal?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bugsrasht, May 8, 2019.

1. bugsrasht Win User

After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts.

Is this normal?

:)

bugsrasht, May 8, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts. :)

terrace, May 8, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 8, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts. - Similar Threads - last update computer

2. Lost all my Whiteboards after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Whiteboards after update: Recently opened up Whiteboard today after about a week and notice none of my Whiteboards are there I tried poking at it and it seems to be the new updated Whiteboard. A little bit freaked lost a lot of work data....
  3. Lost all my Whiteboards after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost all my Whiteboards after update: Recently opened up Whiteboard today after about a week and notice none of my Whiteboards are there I tried poking at it and it seems to be the new updated Whiteboard. A little bit freaked lost a lot of work data....
  4. i lost all my apps when restoring and resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i lost all my apps when restoring and resetting my computer.: I lost all my apps including my taxes when I reset and restored my computer this morning. how do I restore my apps, or how do I reset my computer to a previous time before all this happened? system restore only has times after it happened. I need to go back to yesterday,...
  5. Lost all my data due to the last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost all my data due to the last update.: This happened nearly an hour ago. Windows automatically installed it's recent update while booting and destroyed all my data (software, docs, photos), there are just a few apps left. Started a system recovery which failed. Did this happen to anybody else? Has Windows...
  6. Last Update Messed Up My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last Update Messed Up My Computer: I'm just fed up with dealing with these things and thought I'd pose a question here. Everything was fine until the last Windows 10 update. Now: - My computer wakes up literally every night unless I shut it down every time - When I get up in the morning and it has...
  7. I lost all my files when my computer updated

I lost all my files when my computer updated: My computer forcefully updated with version KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) and when it restarted all my files, documents, pictures and videos were gone. I tried to retrieve them through the path : C:\Users\radda but found nothing. I ask if it is possible to retrieve my files...
  8. All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week

All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week: Very angry and frustrated as W10 automatically updated last week. 2013 Outlook removed and now put back on and old pst file located eventualy to get emails and sub folders (no w10 search did not find them either) All my files removed and found main ones eventualy. Now...
  9. Lost all my documents after an update

Lost all my documents after an update: I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier date" and they are still missing. How do I get them back?...
  10. The last update locked up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The last update locked up my computer: I received a message "no boot disk found". Thus, I had to reboot by disconnecting the boot drive, then restarting the PC, then turning it off after I receive the said message, and then reconnecting the boot drive and restarting. My last update was on September 11,...