Windows 10: After the latest round of update, Windows 10 keeps popping up a prompt to sign in and I do...

Discus and support After the latest round of update, Windows 10 keeps popping up a prompt to sign in and I do... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the most recent FORCED update of Windows 10, I logged to my laptop and immediately another prompt popped up asking me to log in!!! I wondered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bijan Ghofranian, Jan 26, 2021.

1. After the latest round of update, Windows 10 keeps popping up a prompt to sign in and I do...

After the most recent FORCED update of Windows 10, I logged to my laptop and immediately another prompt popped up asking me to log in!!!

I wondered why I was getting this prompt since I had not initiated anything that requires a login. So, I tried to close the window prompt... But interestingly, the prompt popped right back up again and again until I killed the process from task manager. The same happened after the next reboot, I got the same stupid prompt again without any explanation, text, caption as what I was logging into, what service, what company and why I was getting this. I wondered if this was to log into Microsoft... But Microsoft what? I have access to many services and the userID and PWs are not shared across them for security reasons. So, I did not want to try using my user ID and PW to get the prompt to go away, because therotialy a hacker can infect your machine by showing a similar window... and steal your User ID and PW. Anyhow, I did not try to login and searched how to stop this stupid behavior and below is the solution:

Solution: To stop this cynical Windows 10 from prompting you to login do the following:

1. From Windows Prompt -> Settings

2. Go to System

3. Go to Notification and Actions

4. Uncheck the box "Show me the Windows welcome experience...."

Another amazing Stupid things that Microsoft has done is to remove our ability to copy text from various screens... For example I could have copied the text for the checkbox... that I described above... But now, Microsoft has programs prevent us from copying text, all in the name of security, but I call this stupidity. For example when you get an error message with some long text and Guid or with a URL with LinkID ***, you can not copy and paste that into your browser. You have to type that... And this Microsoft calls improvement. This is what happens when you lose Bill Gates...

:)

Bijan Ghofranian, Jan 26, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! After the latest round of update, Windows 10 keeps popping up a prompt to sign in and I do... :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I keep getting a notification click here to update your credentials Microsoft needs you to sign in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to sign out from Microsoft Account and sign in again and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type Settings.

• Select Account.

• Select your Account.

• Click on Sign in with local account instead of Microsoft Account.

• It will prompt for Microsoft Account Password.

• Enter the password then again sign back with Microsoft Account follow the same steps.

And also check for latest Windows updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2021
  4. After the latest round of update, Windows 10 keeps popping up a prompt to sign in and I do...

Round, and square pop-up at the task bar keeps popping up.

Q:Round, and square pop-up at the task bar keeps popping up. Tried your way, right click task bar, & unchecked lock task bar. But it still doing the same popping up.

Round, and square pop-up at the task bar keeps popping up.

Tried your way, right click task bar, & unchecked lock task bar. But it still doing the same popping up.

I have Windows 10 on my PC.

You came in my PC to do an update a couple hours ago.

The Round, and square pop-up at the task bar just came up while I was typing this message to you causing my curser to go hay-wire.

THIS REALLY SUCKS, better off using Windows 7, had no problems with it.

Had a I-T person came over for 3 hour to fix the problem, but no luck! He said it is at your end..............Just pop-up again while typing this to you. THIS REALLY SUCKS...........................

I bought this PC at Best Buy. HP-ENUY 34'' ALL-IN-ONE Intel Core i7-16GB Memory 256 GB State Drive. $1898.99.This unit came with WINDOWS 10.

JUST POP-UP AGAIN......................

DexterMeadows, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

After the latest round of update, Windows 10 keeps popping up a prompt to sign in and I do...

1. After the latest round of update, Windows 10 keeps popping up a prompt to sign in and I do... - Similar Threads - latest round update

2. cmd prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd prompt keeps popping up: everytime i am doing something on chrome ,I'll get this popup:windows\\system 32/cmd. how can i get rid of it for good. My computer originally had windows 10 and now has windows 11 home....
  3. cmd prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cmd prompt keeps popping up: everytime i am doing something on chrome ,I'll get this popup:windows\\system 32/cmd. how can i get rid of it for good. My computer originally had windows 10 and now has windows 11 home....
  4. Why do command prompt keeps popping up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do command prompt keeps popping up?: this started a while ago but i wasnt very bothered until now. i tried to find it in my appdata but i couldnt find anything. any solutions? thanks guys...
  5. Why do command prompt keeps popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do command prompt keeps popping up?: this started a while ago but i wasnt very bothered until now. i tried to find it in my appdata but i couldnt find anything. any solutions? thanks guys...
  6. Why do command prompt keeps popping up?

7. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt keeps popping up: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/63b7e654-e3cb-4666-b62c-117854236ae0
  8. Command prompt keeps popping up

Command prompt keeps popping up: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/63b7e654-e3cb-4666-b62c-117854236ae0
  9. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Command prompt keeps popping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt keeps popping up: Command prompt keeps popping up. Have tried several spyware programs, with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/67ef2307-45f9-4bef-9cd7-6d56d202db74"