Windows 10: After the latest update for windows 10 home, Onedrive moved all my files from my pc to...

Discus and support After the latest update for windows 10 home, Onedrive moved all my files from my pc to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing January 26, 2021-KB4598301 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1909, and Windows Server,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raginsonar, Jan 30, 2021.

1. After the latest update for windows 10 home, Onedrive moved all my files from my pc to...

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]After installing January 26, 2021-KB4598301 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1909, and Windows Server, version 1909, I was greeted with the screen you usually only get when setting up windows Setup onedrive, add phone number, office products, which I found strange. So I went through, told onedrive to only save to my pc, as I had to pick an option, and skipped the other stuff.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]I then found that onedrive had moved all my documents, pictures, and desktop files to my personal onedrive, and left behind these "Where are my files?" links, which led to their location on onedrive.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]I think I've restored everything to normal, except for a "USER's Notepad.url" that keeps remaking itself if I delete it from onedrive.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]How can I completely prevent Onedrive from doing something as bad as this in future?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]And does anyone know what could have caused this to happen?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]It seems to disregard me telling it not to backup, a lot, but actually moving my files off my pc is completely unacceptable. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]This is a not even month old laptop. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]This is all in the file explorer part of Onedrive, not the app.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba103, 103, 103, 1]Thank you[/COLOR]

:)

raginsonar, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Easo Win User

After the latest update for windows 10 home, Onedrive moved all my files from my pc to...

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Thema:

After the latest update for windows 10 home, Onedrive moved all my files from my pc to...

1. After the latest update for windows 10 home, Onedrive moved all my files from my pc to... - Similar Threads - latest update home

2. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  3. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  4. Move files from an old OneDrive folder on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move files from an old OneDrive folder on my PC: Dear community!I have a problem as follows:On my own personal computer, I have a user also my own which I don't use anymore, and I forgot the login information to it. But there are some data I found out I don't want to lose. If I try to copy them, windows say I can't...
  5. OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud: I basically just lost a ton of files, I reboot, gets a couple new prompts I click past - which I presumed was yet another update which is why I didn't bother to read it closely.Fortunately I just reinstalled and have a backup of most files, so I have a backup. But I did loose...
  6. OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud: I basically just lost a ton of files, I reboot, gets a couple new prompts I click past - which I presumed was yet another update which is why I didn't bother to read it closely.Fortunately I just reinstalled and have a backup of most files, so I have a backup. But I did loose...
  7. OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Deleting all files on my PC from OneDrive

Deleting all files on my PC from OneDrive: I use OneDrive on another computer laptop, but I don't need it on my Windows 10 Desktop computer. So, if I delete the OneDrive folder from my Windows 10 PC, will that delete all my files from my computer?...
  9. After moving all my files from OneDrive to normal files by changing file directory...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After moving all my files from OneDrive to normal files by changing file directory...: Hi guys, yesterday I moved all my files from OneDrive to normal files. Ever since then all my Microsoft store apps say 'The specified path doesn't exist" even though it does and I enabled perms for everyone on it. I went into the directory and could launch the apps directly...
  10. Accidentally moved all my files to OneDrive

Accidentally moved all my files to OneDrive: After a buggy Windows update last month, my OS deleted itself. I had to reinstall Windows via USB and accepted OneDrive backup on setup. I didn't realize this would upload nearly all of my personal files to OneDrive. As I was trying to unlink my documents and pictures folders...