Windows 10: After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone.

Discus and support After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm really NOT impressed. The latest forced Windows 10 update seems to have deleted ALL of my sticky notes except for one unimportant one. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carol.D, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Carol.D Win User

After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone.

I'm really NOT impressed. The latest forced Windows 10 update seems to have deleted ALL of my sticky notes except for one unimportant one. Is there a way to get them back please? Or are they just gone forever. I had a lot of very important notes on there... what on earth is going on that something can be deleted off my property without my consent?!

:)

Carol.D, Oct 15, 2019

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 15, 2019
  4. After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone.

Win 10 v1709 update and missing Sticky Notes

Hi,

There is a possibility that the Sticky Notes were unexpectedly deleted on your desktop due to some errors while the update is being installed. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need to know which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently
    installed on your PC.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest recovering the lost Sticky Notes by following these steps:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt in the address bar and then hit the Enter key.
    • Look for StickyNotes.snt file and then open it with Notepad or Microsoft Word.
    • Look for the missing notes in .snt file, copy and paste it into a new Sticky Notes.

To avoid issues with missing Sticky Notes, it will be best to back them up. You can follow the steps provided by
    Jennifer Bri in this thread. It serves as a guide on how to back up and restore
    Sticky notes in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone.

1. After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone. - Similar Threads - latest update Sticky

2. In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone: In a recent Microsoft update my perpetual licenses of Word and Excel are gone. I understand these were being phased out, but ALL of my vital STICKY notes are gone. Help how can I get then back....
  3. In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone: In a recent Microsoft update my perpetual licenses of Word and Excel are gone. I understand these were being phased out, but ALL of my vital STICKY notes are gone. Help how can I get then back....
  4. In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  6. All sticky notes are GONE after update

All sticky notes are GONE after update: I found my sticky notes closed this morning. And when I opened the app, the note list was EMPTY!!! Since I always keep my account logged in, I assume the notes are synced and somehow backed up. Then I found notes on my other laptop were also GONE... : WOW How could you...
  7. Sticky Notes Gone From Desktop in Win10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes Gone From Desktop in Win10 Upgrade: I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. All went well and Desktop looked the same with all my sticky notes showing and working. That lasted a few days, then today, I noticed all the sticky notes were gone as well as the Sticky Note icon in the system tray. I launched Sticky Note...
  8. Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes

Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes: So after the latest windows update ... All of my sticky notes were deleted. I'm quite disapointed :( . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-from-september-2019-deleted-all-my/30fcddde-9466-49bd-8226-1d8818689db1
  9. Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...

Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...: Greetings, There used to be handy shortcut buttons for applying basic formatting to Sticky Notes (bold, underline, etc). I first noticed these buttons were missing from the bottom of the Sticky Notes window about the time I updated to Windows 10 version 1903. I'm aware...
  10. Sticky notes gone...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky notes gone...: Hey all, While using sticky notes, they suddenly disappeared... I can technically open the app and it appears on my taskbar but other than that it seems to do nothing... I've tried the taskbar's shortcut for making a new note but that does nothing either... Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes disappeared windows 10

2. stokcy notes gone after windows update

3. my sticky notes disappeared windows 10

4. when switching my laptop on i have just a sticky notes list but no sticky notes windows,
  5. reset sticky notes and now app is gone,
  6. where have my sticky notes gone after update,
  7. :\ ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Sticky Notes,
  8. sticky notes disappearing in windows 10