Windows 10: After the latest update, recycle bin is stuck among disk drives + more

Discus and support After the latest update, recycle bin is stuck among disk drives + more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, my first post here. I run Windows 10, 64 bit, version 2004, OS build 19041.508 After the latest update, Windows Explorer behaves very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nemanja77, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Nemanja77 Win User

After the latest update, recycle bin is stuck among disk drives + more

Hello everyone, my first post here. I run Windows 10, 64 bit, version 2004, OS build 19041.508
    After the latest update, Windows Explorer behaves very strangely.
    Recycle bin got stuck among "Devices and drives", where it definitely shouldn't be.

After the latest update, recycle bin is stuck among disk drives + more [​IMG]

I believe that I have tried everything, I can't remove it.
    On the other hand, as you can see, I prefer a minimalist approach to the left side of the Windows Explorer window. I used to have both Control Panel and the Recycle Bin pinned to "Quick access", but that simply doesn't work now. Even if I right click, select "show all folders" and right click on the Control panel to pin it to quick access (see picture below), still nothing happens.

After the latest update, recycle bin is stuck among disk drives + more [​IMG]

Is there a way to resolve this, or will I be forced to reinstall Windows from scratch?

:)

Nemanja77, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

RECYCLE BIN automatically closes & returns to Desktop

Hi,

You might be experiencing this issue because Recycle Bin is corrupted. If your Recycle Bin is corrupted, you can face various problems when using it such as this behavior. Let's repair Recycle Bin by

using the System File Checker tool
    . This tool scans for corruptions in Windows system files and restores corrupted files.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you manually delete the Recycle Bin folder on your computer. Each drive on Windows has a hidden and protected system folder named
    $Recycle.bin. When you delete files or folders, they are moved to the Recycle Bin folder for holding. If you delete the Recycle Bin folder, Windows will automatically create a new
    $Recycle.bin folder. However, all previous contents of Recycle Bin will be lost. Make sure to only do this step if you don't have any valuable data in Recycle Bin. Here are the steps:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, right-click Command Prompt from the results, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin, and press Enter.
    • If you are using multiple drives or partition, you will have to do this for every partition on your hard disk by replacing C with the corresponding drive letter.
    • Restart your computer, and Windows will recreate a new Recycle Bin for you.

Keep us updated with the results, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. After the latest update, recycle bin is stuck among disk drives + more - Similar Threads - latest update recycle

2. Duplicated icons after One drive recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicated icons after One drive recycle bin: After getting a new laptop I signed in with my Microsoft account and it started to sync my apps from my other PC, after that i deleted the files and then got them back through the One drive recycle bin. When I did this all of my desktop apps where mixed, duplicated and some...
  3. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumb drive recycle bin?: After the debacle of losing my trusty old computer's hard drive to old age, I've gone overboard attaching 12 thumb drives to my current one as a safety net.I save almost all my documents, images etc there.The downside seems to be that Windows 10 or 11? won't install etc a...
  4. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumb drive recycle bin?: After the debacle of losing my trusty old computer's hard drive to old age, I've gone overboard attaching 12 thumb drives to my current one as a safety net.I save almost all my documents, images etc there.The downside seems to be that Windows 10 or 11? won't install etc a...
  5. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. No recycle bin on D drive

No recycle bin on D drive: I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from other drive doesn't...
  7. No recycle bin on D-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No recycle bin on D-drive: Problem visualized I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from...
  8. Recycle Bin for Flash Drive

Recycle Bin for Flash Drive: Hello, Would there be any other way to move all deleted files from Flash Drive to the Recycle Bin and restore the deleted files? If not, would you know any other third party app? Thank you,...
  9. Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup

Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup: Every time I use the windows disk cleanup utility I have to check the recycle bin. Is there a way in Windows 10 to always have the recycle bin checked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-in-windows-disk-cleanup/57bfcd76-24aa-4ba1-8213-0788a037840e"
  10. Remove recycle bin + from external disk drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove recycle bin + from external disk drive: Ed, thanks for a good answer. I'll live with it.