Windows 10: After the latest update removing support for 04/18 my second monitor is not working

Discus and support After the latest update removing support for 04/18 my second monitor is not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows latest update to 1903 is causing the HDMI port to be not detected. I have removed installed drivers etc to get the correct Intel driver.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobFurness, Oct 30, 2019.

1. After the latest update removing support for 04/18 my second monitor is not working

Windows latest update to 1903 is causing the HDMI port to be not detected.

I have removed installed drivers etc to get the correct Intel driver. Still nothing

I rolled back to my previous build and second monitor working again.

So it now appears that microsoft have their own driver software that is taking precedence over the OEM driver software, quite why I do not know.

This updated microsoft software has a major flaw - it is not detecting HDMI, I have already lost 2 days productivity to this and had the embarassment of trying to do a presentation with a non-functioning HDMI port.

Does anyone know a workround so that I can keep my intel driver whilst updating to the 1903 build, the hide update fixes seem to be only temporary.

Thanks

:)

BobFurness, Oct 30, 2019

2. My second monitor quit working after the latest update with Windows 10

Hi Jenny,

Your monitors may not be compatible with the latest update and causing this issue. Please tell us more about it by answering the following questions:

• What is exactly happening with your monitor?
    • When was the latest update installed?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Oct 30, 2019
  3. I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    Why Does My Second Monitor Not Work With The Windows 10 Update?

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

After the latest update removing support for 04/18 my second monitor is not working

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

After the latest update removing support for 04/18 my second monitor is not working

1. After the latest update removing support for 04/18 my second monitor is not working - Similar Threads - latest update removing

2. My second monitor is flickering constantly after update to the latest driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second monitor is flickering constantly after update to the latest driver: For context of the problem, below are my latest laptop settingsOS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.19045 N/A Build 19045 My laptop model is X1 Carbon 1st Gen Type 34xx Laptop ThinkPad - Type 3443. I am using a mini display port dongle to project to the second...
  3. My second monitor is flickering constantly after update to the latest driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My second monitor is flickering constantly after update to the latest driver: For context of the problem, below are my latest laptop settingsOS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.19045 N/A Build 19045 My laptop model is X1 Carbon 1st Gen Type 34xx Laptop ThinkPad - Type 3443. I am using a mini display port dongle to project to the second...
  4. My second monitor is flickering constantly after update to the latest driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My second monitor stopped working after updating windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second monitor stopped working after updating windows 11: Hello, I've tried all the possible solutions online, from updating drivers, to rolling back drivers I use a DP connection to my Asus monitor from an MSI laptop.it was working fine for about 2 years and since the last update, it stopped working.I rolled back some windows...
  6. My second monitor stopped working after updating windows 11

My second monitor stopped working after updating windows 11: Hello, I've tried all the possible solutions online, from updating drivers, to rolling back drivers I use a DP connection to my Asus monitor from an MSI laptop.it was working fine for about 2 years and since the last update, it stopped working.I rolled back some windows...
  7. Second Monitor Not Working

Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  8. dual monitor not working after latest update

dual monitor not working after latest update: my laptop is not picking up the dual monitor after last nights windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-not-working-after-latest-update/07c08b35-2ee3-4f46-844d-eafd39803c43
  9. Second Monitor not working after recent update

Second Monitor not working after recent update: Hi, I recently plugged in a old NEC LCD1715 monitor, I had laying around for dual screens. I needed a vga to usb port adapter for my HP Omni100 PC desktop in order to plug the monitor into my computer. I installed the driver that came with the adapter and my windows 10...
  10. Second monitor not working anymore after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor not working anymore after Windows Update: So I have two monitors for my computer. They both worked totally fine until the last Windows update. Now, my second monitor doesn't work anymore. Here is some information to help you understand what the problem is: When I press the Windows Key + P, I get the following...