Windows 10: After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen

Discus and support After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get a black screen with a simple text box asking for a password. But none of the passwords I enter work. However, when I reboot, the normal login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DCOOLY, Jul 11, 2018.

1. DCOOLY Win User

After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen

I get a black screen with a simple text box asking for a password. But none of the passwords I enter work. However, when I reboot, the normal login screen shows up. Why does this happen?

:)

DCOOLY, Jul 11, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 11, 2018
  4. After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen

1. After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen - Similar Threads - latest Win10 update

2. Computer boots to a black screen after latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer boots to a black screen after latest update.: I was able to get into the recovery menu and uninstalled I think, no way to be sure the update, but the same thing is still happening. It won't go into safe mode, press and press the F8 button, no good. The automatic repair came up a few times, but no good came from that....
  3. Black Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Latest Update: After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I restart Windows 10? Pat...
  4. No Sound after latest Win10 update.

No Sound after latest Win10 update.: I recently installed the latest update for Win10. Since then no sound. Ran trouble shooting programs to no avail. Deleted and installed drivers for sound. What do I do next?...
  5. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  6. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor: gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized...
  7. Black screen after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  8. NO Audio after latest Win10 update (?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO Audio after latest Win10 update (?): My laptop did automatically an update after i shut it down yesterday and today there is no Audio at all. It says "No Audio Output Device Installed" Please help me, what happened? Did the update mess up my audio or is it something else? What can i do? [ATTACH]...
  9. Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode: Hi everyone, My desktop with Windows 10 stopped booting up a few days ago, I updated it and it booted up properly the first time. The computer was then taking forever to shut down so I force shut it off by holding the power button, and now I get the black screen after...
  10. Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update: Today I had a notification of a Win 10 updates from the 19th and 20th August 2015. The updates installed and my PC booted and now I have a Black Background screen which I am not able to now change. Does anyone have a similar situation and is there a possible suggested...