After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen

Discus and support After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get a black screen with a simple text box asking for a password. But none of the passwords I enter work. However, when I reboot, the normal login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DCOOLY, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:52 PM.

1. DCOOLY Win User

I get a black screen with a simple text box asking for a password. But none of the passwords I enter work. However, when I reboot, the normal login screen shows up. Why does this happen?

:)

2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

4. Dhavelyn Mer Win User

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:01 PM
Thema:

1. After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen - Similar Threads - latest Win10 update

2. Win10 Requiring ctrl-alt-del Since Latest Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Requiring ctrl-alt-del Since Latest Cumulative Update: I've notice since I installed the latest cumulative update to 1803 my ASUS X53 is now requiring me to do a ctr-alt-del at powerup and after every hibernation. How do I stop Win10 from requiring this? I checked advanced options under control user passwords and this option is...
  3. How to update to latest win10 version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...
  4. Trying to update to latest win10 version

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...
  5. Latest Win10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 Updates: I got KB3176936 [14393.82] on 8/24 and the Regedit edit to PaintDesktop quit working even though it was correctly set. I got KB3176938 [14393.105] today [while I was out shopping] and PaintDesktop also will not work even though set as directed. I have a reason to have it...
  6. Latest Win10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 update: [img] I have just finished downloading & installing the above update.. Took an age on my "up to" 4Mbps ADSL connection 71998
  7. Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update: Last time I visited my uni library I was unable to connect to the wifi network, even tho it worked perfectly fine the previous time. The only thing I can think of that has changed in the interim is this new Win10 update. Can anyone think of any reason why Win10 might have...
  8. Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems: Hello all, today I got a notification from Windows 10 telling me there was a special update that would take longer than a normal one, so I did it and now I have a few problems. #1 when I try to search for something in Settings it always comes up with no search results,...
  9. Latest Win10 KB updates SFC/DISM errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Win10 KB updates SFC/DISM errors: So after latest two KB34/36 updates SFC find errors which cant fix and DISM restorehealth either. Code: 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: <----- Starting Dism.exe session -----> 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Host...
  10. Slow SD card reader after latest Win10 Creators Update (May 2017)

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow SD card reader after latest Win10 Creators Update (May 2017): Hello, My computer recently did the "Creators Update" and my USB 3.0 SD card reader speed dropped to about 1/3 of what it was before the update. Before the update I could transfer video/photo at a rate of about 90 MB/s but now the maximum with the same cards and content is...