Windows 10: After the latest Windows 10 update my DVD/CD player is no longer working

Discus and support After the latest Windows 10 update my DVD/CD player is no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC updated Windows 10 with the latest update at the weekend. Since then my DVD player has stopped working. At first it worked intermittently but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Graham428, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Graham428 Win User

After the latest Windows 10 update my DVD/CD player is no longer working

My PC updated Windows 10 with the latest update at the weekend. Since then my DVD player has stopped working. At first it worked intermittently but now it has stopped altogether. I have tried various solutions including uninstalling the device in device manager and nothing has worked. Now my PC seems to think it's a USB port.

Can someone out there help? I'm getting totally frustrated. I even tried to undo the update which killed my PC and I had to do a fresh install of Windows. In device manager the DVD player is sometimes listed but if it is, it's hidden and shows in grey.

:)

Graham428, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Heley Win User

DVD/CD player with Windows 10?

How do I work the DVD/CD player after I downloaded Windows 10?

I manage a Computer Center for Seniors and since we updated a couple of the desktops to Window 10, we can no longer use the DVD/CD players.

Suggestions? and thanks.

Heley, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Ivann1938 Win User
    DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

Ivann1938, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Johni2 Win User

CD/DVD Player not working

The CD/DVD player on my desktop pc, has become very unreliable, since updating to windows 10

Problem:

With a CD/DVD inserted into the player .

• 1% of the time it works correctly and play a CD without any problems.

• 99% of the time it does not acknowledge the disk, a green light flashes 6 or 7 times and then goes back to do nothing mode.

• If I try to start the CD directly in windows explorer, a dialog box appears instructing me to insert a disk. I know these disks to be working.

Troubleshooting carried out

• The device manager reports the device is working properly.
    • Checked the drivers are up-to date,
    • Uninstalled the drivers
    • Scanned for hardware changes
    • Uninstalled the hardware
    • Rebooted several times
    • Scanned with DeviceDiagnostic Troubleshooting Pack Cabinet (.diagcab)
    • Checked all the cable connections
    • Did a control panel troubleshoot and Reconfigure hardware (cd player worked when I did a restart, but only the once and then continued the error)

Johni2, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

1. After the latest Windows 10 update my DVD/CD player is no longer working - Similar Threads - latest update DVD

2. CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade: Hello. My CD player was not showing up after upgrade. Now it is after following some tips on the internet. When I first got it to show up, I managed to download a CD to iTunes. Now it won't work. Not sure what to do now....
  3. CD/DVD player will not work

CD/DVD player will not work: Has there been an update to fix the issue with the CD/DVD players not working after the change to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-player-will-not-work/8583962c-d624-4909-9590-8028aa769419
  4. DVD/CD player not working

DVD/CD player not working: There is some kind of glitch with my windows media player on my windows 10, possibly the last up date? At first a few DVDs did play automatically but now nothing will play. There is no way to prompt the media player to play a CD or DVD! And even my other DVD player VLC will...
  5. Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work

Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work: Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cddvd-player-will-not-work/eef6c511-259d-4a78-80dc-39728d21289a
  6. My DVD player no longer works?

My DVD player no longer works?: It appears that with one of the Microsoft updates, Power DVD was added to my computer. The problem is it will not read DVD's with out purchasing an upgrade.. It worked fine the last time I played a DVD.. ( which I don't do very often) What can I do? I have a big test to...
  7. dvd/cd Player not working

dvd/cd Player not working: hi since windows 10 upgrade I am unable to play CDs on my laptop or DVDs DVD/CD player will not open to play , I have checked bios, reloaded drivers ect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-player-not-working/bdc8115e-a5f3-41f3-8095-a35a335422dc
  8. CD/DVD player does not work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD player does not work after Windows 10 update: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU - 208d8 driver does not work after upgrade to Windows 10. I enabled the Resolution+ Plug-in for Windows Media Player and still does not work. Please advise on what I can do to get my PC to play the DVDs. It does recognize what's in the player but doesn't...
  9. DVD/CD Player not working

DVD/CD Player not working: I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD...
  10. DVD player no longer working after Windows 10 update...

DVD player no longer working after Windows 10 update...: I know that this problem has already been addressed several times on these pages, but the generally accepted solution (registry hack) does not work for me. When I place a DVD in the drive, it seems to start spinning, makes quite a bit of noise, and then just stops without any...