Windows 10: After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming

Discus and support After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the middle of playing games, after the update, my controller stops responding in the middle of playing and nothing fixes it. It lasts for less than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bryan Andrews, Mar 1, 2024.

1. After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming

In the middle of playing games, after the update, my controller stops responding in the middle of playing and nothing fixes it. It lasts for less than a minute, but it happens frequently. I have used different controllers. I have used controllers with Bluetooth and hardwired in. I have updated firmware. I have updated my driver. I've adjusted settings on Steam. Nothing works. What's going on?

:)

Bryan Andrews, Mar 1, 2024

2. bad_module_info on Full Screen game DBXV2

Hi Tyler,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are experiencing game crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted profile. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes on your computer aside from the latest update?
    • Have you tried accessing the game on a different Windows 10 device?
    • Have you tried using a different profile and check if the issue persists?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

Wilfred Mac, Mar 1, 2024
  3. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Mar 1, 2024
  4. After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming

game not responding

Thank you for confirming that to us. We suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to resolve game freezes or game not responding on a Windows 10 device. If the same issue
    happens on a specific game and if the problem persists after performing this troubleshooting, it would be best for you to contact the game developer. They have the capability to check whether the problem is on the game server so they can have it resolve on
    their end.

If you have inquiries, feel free to post back so we could assist you accordingly.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming

1. After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming - Similar Threads - latest update controller

2. After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming: In the middle of playing games, after the update, my controller stops responding in the middle of playing and nothing fixes it. It lasts for less than a minute, but it happens frequently. I have used different controllers. I have used controllers with Bluetooth and hardwired...
  3. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stopped responding to the controller.: I dont know what the hell happened.i conncted the controller to the computer with a usb cable.the Home button is ligthened up so i know the controller was recognized by the PC.but when i press on buttons nothing happens.i know the controller is working becuse i was testing...
  4. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stopped responding to the controller.: I dont know what the hell happened.i conncted the controller to the computer with a usb cable.the Home button is ligthened up so i know the controller was recognized by the PC.but when i press on buttons nothing happens.i know the controller is working becuse i was testing...
  5. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Applications stop responding after a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications stop responding after a while: I have no idea why it happens. Some of the applications on my laptop stops working after minutes of usage, varying from 1 min to 10+ mins. These applications include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate, and games Don't Starve, This War of Mine, and perhaps more. By saying stop...
  7. Applications stop responding after a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications stop responding after a while: I have no idea why it happens. Some of the applications on my laptop stops working after minutes of usage, varying from 1 min to 10+ mins. These applications include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate, and games Don't Starve, This War of Mine, and perhaps more. By saying stop...
  8. Applications stop responding after a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Audacity Not Responding after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audacity Not Responding after latest Windows 10 update: Hi I have recently downloaded the Windows 10 update and since then I have been unable save or export any files recorded using Audacity. I get as far as the file save window and soon as I click on the file name bar Audacity then displays "Not Responding" no matter how long I...
  10. Why does my keyboars stop responding after the latest windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my keyboars stop responding after the latest windows update?: Asus laptop G752 with Windows 10 and auto updates. After 10/17/19 update the keyboard works for an indeterminate time then just stops, mouse still works. Have to hit the power button for a sleep and restart. No specific action or time till quit. No other known issues. This...