Windows 10: after the May update, whenever I reboot and then try to launch most apps, they open as...

Discus and support after the May update, whenever I reboot and then try to launch most apps, they open as... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the big May update recently. Ever since, whenever I reboot and then try to launch certain apps (web browsers, Adobe apps, Spotify--pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimboCZ, Jul 21, 2019.

1. JimboCZ Win User

after the May update, whenever I reboot and then try to launch most apps, they open as...

I installed the big May update recently. Ever since, whenever I reboot and then try to launch certain apps (web browsers, Adobe apps, Spotify--pretty much any sizeable app), it appears as if those apps aren't launching, and Windows is just sitting there doing nothing. But if I open Task Manager and look at the Processes tab (sorted by Name), the apps I've tried to launch show up under the "Background processes" section, instead of the expected "Apps (x)" section. If I wait about a minute or more, the apps I've tried to launch suddenly come screaming to life all at once. If I'd clicked on an app launcher multiple times while waiting, then multiple instances of that app come to life. What gives? I never had this problem before the update, and my machine is beefy, so speed has always been fine. I've Googled this, have found nothing. (cross-posted)

:)

JimboCZ, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. after the May update, whenever I reboot and then try to launch most apps, they open as... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Altidias Win User
    Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

after the May update, whenever I reboot and then try to launch most apps, they open as...

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. after the May update, whenever I reboot and then try to launch most apps, they open as... - Similar Threads - May update whenever

2. whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue: this is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-launch-a-game-i-face-this-issue/b46cc5e5-02d8-4bce-84a2-ab1c5d5f6405
  3. whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue: this is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-launch-a-game-i-face-this-issue/b46cc5e5-02d8-4bce-84a2-ab1c5d5f6405
  4. When I try to open any app it launches minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open any app it launches minecraft: Most of the desktop icon are appearing as minecraft icon and when I try to launch an app it launches only minecraft instead. I am not able to restore my windows...
  5. When I try to open any app it launches minecraft

When I try to open any app it launches minecraft: Most of the desktop icon are appearing as minecraft icon and when I try to launch an app it launches only minecraft instead. I am not able to restore my windows...
  6. When I try to open any app it launches minecraft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Most apps will not open and crash shortly after launch, including windows apps, all games,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most apps will not open and crash shortly after launch, including windows apps, all games,...: I have gone through many forums to fix this but cannot find any solution that works. I was playing a game, alt tabbed, then suddenly the game froze and crashed. From then on, all games, and apps such as device manager, Bitdefender still runs in background, msconfig and other...
  8. Most apps will not open and crash shortly after launch, including windows apps, all games,...

Most apps will not open and crash shortly after launch, including windows apps, all games,...: I have gone through many forums to fix this but cannot find any solution that works. I was playing a game, alt tabbed, then suddenly the game froze and crashed. From then on, all games, and apps such as device manager, Bitdefender still runs in background, msconfig and other...
  9. Most apps will not open and crash shortly after launch, including windows apps, all games,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Most Quick Launch Shortcuts Disappear on Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most Quick Launch Shortcuts Disappear on Reboot: Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, OS Build 18363.1316, When I reboot, MOST quick launch shortcuts are deleted from the quick launch folder, and I have to put them back from another location I created as a backup to deal with this issue. Very frustrating. The toolbar itself...