Windows 10: after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the...

Discus and support after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the software to make this quit working?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardGJackson, Oct 29, 2020.

1. after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the...

after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the software to make this quit working?

:)

RichardGJackson, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

HP All-in-one touch screen stopped working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that Touch screen is not working for your HP All-in-one touch screen. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8) and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 29, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Dani Pun Win User

after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the...

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the...

1. after the microsoft update in March my HP touch screen quit working, what changed in the... - Similar Threads - microsoft update March

2. what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop: what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-my-keyboard-to-quite/85859192-98dc-4f61-8d4a-17e381d7c861
  3. what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop: what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-my-keyboard-to-quite/85859192-98dc-4f61-8d4a-17e381d7c861
  4. what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keyboard and touch pad quit working

keyboard and touch pad quit working: I have an HP laptop and cannot use my laptop keyboard or touchpad. I have an external keyboard and mouse that I am currently using to type this. I did an HP diagnostics and spoke to an agent. they say it is a microsoft 10 problem. How do I fix this?...
  6. lost touch pad on my hp pc. after microsoft update

lost touch pad on my hp pc. after microsoft update: I have followed instructions to uninstall device driver to no avail. had plug in my mouse to do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-touch-pad-on-my-hp-pc-after-microsoft-update/e408e918-c00a-4527-b0b9-5a6863896395
  7. touch screen quit working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen quit working: touch screen quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-quit-working/21be236f-0082-4efe-80e5-21d218716092
  8. Touch screen is not working after Windows update

Touch screen is not working after Windows update: So I got my laptop a few years ago and my touchscreen used to work when it was in tablet mode. One day the touch screen started working intermittently the suddenly stopped working altogether and that was round about the time my system updated to widows 10. I just thought it...
  9. Touch screen not working after Windows update.

Touch screen not working after Windows update.: I have an Acer Aspire R7 and have had touchscreen problems since a few weeks after I got it. Initially the touchscreen worked fine, then it stopped, started, stopped started etc. It would work fine for a few days, then just stop. After spending hours on the phone to Acer,...
  10. Touch screen quit working after update to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen quit working after update to windows 10: When I updated my computer to windows 10 from 8.1 the touch screen quit working. I have called into windows and they told me the drivers are incompatible and I need to downgrade back. But I can't seem to find where to find my product key or anything for the windows that came...