Windows 10: After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to...

Discus and support After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I now have to create a date folder and if I've not downloaded my pictures for that day and have multiple days on the same card, I then have to go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LindaCunningham3, Jan 11, 2021.

1. After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to...

I now have to create a date folder and if I've not downloaded my pictures for that day and have multiple days on the same card, I then have to go into file explorer and move them into other folders that I have to now create for the dates. The program used to do this all automatically by choosing the option to download by date taken.

I can't believe that Microsoft would remove that feature. This is now a much more time-consuming task and makes no sense that they would remove it. I've already been in a remote session with support and tried: repair, reset, and reinstall and am being told that the feature is no longer available. Please help!

:)

LindaCunningham3, Jan 11, 2021

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Scrolling in photo folders using Photo program

Hi Ann,

One reason why the arrow is grayed out is because the Tile option is set to
    A single photo. We can change the settings so you will be able to see the recent photos. Follow the steps below:

• Click Settings. It is at the lower left panel of the
      Photos
      application.
    • Check out the Tile option and click on the drop down arrow, choose
      Recent photos.

Let us know if the steps provided above is helpful to you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 11, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to...

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to...

1. After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to... - Similar Threads - recent update Photos

2. After a recent microsoft update why does my photo program no longer download photos from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a recent microsoft update why does my photo program no longer download photos from my...: My new Envy desktop recently installed an update from microsoft. Since installation I can no longer download new photos from my samsung android to the microsoft photo program. In addition, photos that were saved to the photo program beforehand have disappeared since the...
  3. After a recent microsoft update why does my photo program no longer download photos from my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a recent microsoft update why does my photo program no longer download photos from my...: My new Envy desktop recently installed an update from microsoft. Since installation I can no longer download new photos from my samsung android to the microsoft photo program. In addition, photos that were saved to the photo program beforehand have disappeared since the...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  8. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  9. Windows 10 is no longer sleeping after most recent updates

Windows 10 is no longer sleeping after most recent updates: I have been having issues with Windows 10 sleeping on my Dell desktop. I was able to solve the issue by reinstalling Windows while keeping all apps and files. However, today Windows installed the following two updates: February9, 2021-KB4601050 Cumulative Update for .NET...
  10. Programs and system options broken after recent update

Programs and system options broken after recent update: After restarting and applying the newest updates for Windows 10, I'm having a bunch of problems. Firefox closes itself not crashes after a few minutes of use, same with Settings after a few seonds. Malwarebytes and Bitdefender won't open at all, I haven't found anything else...