Windows 10: After the new update, my laptop boots into grub

Discus and support After the new update, my laptop boots into grub in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i used to have a dual boot win10 and ubuntu, but i have deleted the ubuntu partition a long time ago and my laptop was booting to windows when i turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Flying_Fish420, Sep 29, 2020.

1. After the new update, my laptop boots into grub

i used to have a dual boot win10 and ubuntu, but i have deleted the ubuntu partition a long time ago and my laptop was booting to windows when i turned it on.

after the update, i turn on the laptop, i get greeted with a gnu grub menu, i type exit and get to the select boot screen where i see window and UBUNTU?!

what do I do so that I will automatically boot into windows?

thanks a lot - its a lenovo laptop

submitted by /u/Flying_Fish420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Flying_Fish420, Sep 29, 2020
  2. DIBL Win User

How to update GRUB from a live CD?

Here's everything you'll ever to know about Grub-pc (aka Grub 2): http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3106368.0

I'd go to Section 4 and, with a Live CD to boot, just reinstall grub-pc and let update-grub build a new boot menu.

3. Fox34 Win User
    GRUB loaded error

When I go to boot suse 10.2 with grub, after the bios checking It just displays; "LI." and stops. It just says LI and stops. I now boot with a install disk, then just choose boot from harddrive and it works. Any suggestions?

Fox34, Sep 29, 2020
  4. After the new update, my laptop boots into grub

Dual boot laptop. Entering to the grub rescue. Error file '/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod' not found

My one is an uefi bios mode Dell laptop. I dual booted my laptop with kali linux and windows 10. The both operating systems runs smoothly. I can chose any operating from the grub. After going to windows,
    it says important updates install them. So I restart my laptop to update. It says in the bottom your pc may restart several times. After 75 % when it restarts it says error : file '/grub/x86_64-efi/ normal.mod ' not found.

After that it says entering rescue mode. Finally it shows grub rescue. I don't

Have a windows 10 installation cd. Please help.

RoviduDhanasekara1, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

After the new update, my laptop boots into grub

1. After the new update, my laptop boots into grub - Similar Threads - update laptop boots

2. Boots into Grub.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boots into Grub.: Whilst Windows Update was running, my laptop crashed, as i had forgotten to switch the PSU on. Now when I boot the laptop it goes straight into Grub, typing "exit" it then allows Windows to load. Could you please help me to make my machine normal. Thankyou...
  3. Boots into Grub.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boots into Grub.: Whilst Windows Update was running, my laptop crashed, as i had forgotten to switch the PSU on. Now when I boot the laptop it goes straight into Grub, typing "exit" it then allows Windows to load. Could you please help me to make my machine normal. Thankyou...
  4. Windows 11 not booting after install, redirecting to GRUB rescue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not booting after install, redirecting to GRUB rescue.: Hi. I just finished updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 whilst dual-booting Manjaro and have encountered an error. I will provide as much information as possible:Upon boot, GRUB rescue appears this is because I have installed Manjaro Linux. Within my BIOS settings,...
  5. Windows 11 not booting after install, redirecting to GRUB rescue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not booting after install, redirecting to GRUB rescue.: Hi. I just finished updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 whilst dual-booting Manjaro and have encountered an error. I will provide as much information as possible:Upon boot, GRUB rescue appears this is because I have installed Manjaro Linux. Within my BIOS settings,...
  6. Booting windows 10 after deleting grub.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting windows 10 after deleting grub.: Hi! I am using windows 10 pro 64 bit . I have installed prime os in dual boot with windows 10. I have only the windows 8.1 32 bit bootable media. because my usb capacity is only 3.72 GB After deleting grub loader, can i fix the grub error by this windows 8.1 32 bit...
  7. Boot usbwin10 from grub menu

Boot usbwin10 from grub menu: Currently I have installed Manjaro, but have access to GRUB before loading the OS, my USB is recognized, but it won't boot from it, even if I manually set my boot priority to usb. Is there any way to boot usbwin10 from grub terminal?...
  8. Dual boot laptop. Entering to the grub rescue. Error file '/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod' not...

Dual boot laptop. Entering to the grub rescue. Error file '/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod' not...: I have a question very similar to: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-laptop-entering-to-the-grub-rescue-error/301e095c-1faa-4358-84bd-a0999b2fad0c (see subject line above). It was dealt with by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP. Details to add: I use...
  9. Repair Grub booting, there is probably a chance to?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Repair Grub booting, there is probably a chance to?: Translated to English: A problem like pasta That You Can not Do Something AT, you will have to do a reinstall. Error: Unknown File System Input rescuse in one fashion ... grub rescuse I have Win 10 installed Primarily in the beginning of the hard drive and it's Only Win 10 I...
  10. Linux Grub took over my boot process.

Linux Grub took over my boot process.: Good Morning. I have been running a quad boot system (Windows 10 new, Windows 10 older version , Windows 7 and recently I added Linux mint). Windows 10 new is on a SSD, Windows 10 Old is on a separate SSD. Windows 7 is on separate hard drive as was Mint. Now Mint is on...