Windows 10: After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go...

Discus and support After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had discord and steam open aswell basically every time I notice this happen submitted by /u/BirdPlane0 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BirdPlane0, May 24, 2020.

1. After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go...

I had discord and steam open aswell basically every time I notice this happen

submitted by /u/BirdPlane0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BirdPlane0, May 24, 2020

2. Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, May 24, 2020
  3. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, May 24, 2020
  4. After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go...

Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go... edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go... edge_newtab_10122_2.png

After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go... edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 24, 2020
Thema:

After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go...

1. After the new update where edge was revamped all my tabs at seemingly random times go... - Similar Threads - update where edge

2. where is all my storage going?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is all my storage going?: i bought a gaming laptopand it originally has 476 gb but it says ive only 155 gb left, i dont understand whats taking up so much, only thing i have are a few games and thats it. Is there a way to see whats using up so much? and how to make up storage?...
  3. where is all my storage going?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is all my storage going?: i bought a gaming laptopand it originally has 476 gb but it says ive only 155 gb left, i dont understand whats taking up so much, only thing i have are a few games and thats it. Is there a way to see whats using up so much? and how to make up storage?...
  4. Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?: The Desktop appearance has changed, and the folders are all empty. Pictures are there, but nothing else. Just completed tax return and its empty. Ran system restore twice for date prior to update and it failed both times. Turned antivirus off second time when it ran as...
  5. Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?: The Desktop appearance has changed, and the folders are all empty. Pictures are there, but nothing else. Just completed tax return and its empty. Ran system restore twice for date prior to update and it failed both times. Turned antivirus off second time when it ran as...
  6. Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

7. where did all my files go?

where did all my files go?: I am really angry with MS. Tomorrow I will sell all my shares in the company.It is outrageous what they are doing.I have attempted to turn off and disable onedrive because I do not want to back up my files on the onedrive cloud and I do not want to auto sync my files and I do...
  8. My monitor will go black after use at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor will go black after use at random times: I recently upgraded my monitor from a 1080p 65Hz monitor to a 1440p 165Hz monitor and ever since this change I have had random instances where my monitor goes black. For context, this issue never happened with my 1080p monitor, I have a AMD Radeon 6800, Freesync is enabled on...
  9. My monitor will go black after use at random times

My monitor will go black after use at random times: I recently upgraded my monitor from a 1080p 65Hz monitor to a 1440p 165Hz monitor and ever since this change I have had random instances where my monitor goes black. For context, this issue never happened with my 1080p monitor, I have a AMD Radeon 6800, Freesync is enabled on...
  10. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737