Windows 10: After the power up of the computer, GPU stops working

Discus and support After the power up of the computer, GPU stops working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; At First i didn't know what happend but now i know,i saw that when windows comes up GPU works, after it is up, it stops working. also i looked at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noam Vardi, Jan 17, 2019.

1. After the power up of the computer, GPU stops working

At First i didn't know what happend but now i know,i saw that when windows comes up GPU works, after it is up, it stops working.

also i looked at the motherboard when i powered up my computer i saw that it was on something like 100 fps there and then it said A2 and after i saw 30 or less fps and the GPU stopped working.

please help me, Thank You

Noam Vardi

:)

Noam Vardi, Jan 17, 2019

2. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 17, 2019
  4. After the power up of the computer, GPU stops working

Computer freezes and the GPU stops running

So I have just recently made a computer and have installed windows 10 64 bit about 6-7 times now and every single time it results in the bar at the bottom of the screen becoming smaller and freezing and my GPU suddenly stops working. Always works fine for
    the first 10-15 minutes but the same thing keeps happening. I've tried putting it on different drives but it doesn't make a difference. I have checked the fans and they seem to be working well on the CPU cooler and on the case itself. When I try to troubleshoot,
    I cannot reset it and it gives me an error. Any suggestions? Update: I've gone to the command prompt and put in chkdsk/f C: and the computer has found no errors with the drives

mateoruiz5171, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

After the power up of the computer, GPU stops working

1. After the power up of the computer, GPU stops working - Similar Threads - power computer GPU

2. GPU stopped working after Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU stopped working after Windows 11 22H2 update: I've just updated my Windows 11 to 22H2 version. After that my GPU Nvidia GeForce MX330 stopped working. Windows stopped showing GPU performance in the Task manager. Firstly it was shown in the device manager but hiddenly. Then I wanted to reinstall it and uninstalled the...
  3. Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.: Hi. My computer has an integrated Intel GMA X4500 GPU. It's a very good GPU, but it struggles with certain video games that I have. I found two affordable graphics cards on newegg.ca that look like they could work in my computer, if they don't draw too much current. One is a...
  4. Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.: Hi. My computer has an integrated Intel GMA X4500 GPU. It's a very good GPU, but it struggles with certain video games that I have. I found two affordable graphics cards on newegg.ca that look like they could work in my computer, if they don't draw too much current. One is a...
  5. Computer stopped working after restarting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stopped working after restarting it: My windows 10 computer has this issue where I am unable to run any programs and use the windows menu on the bottom left. I’m basically unable to do anything as when I run a program my cursor will have the spinning blue circle and it will infinitely load and when I try to do...
  6. Hdmi and brightness control stopped working after gpu scheduling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hdmi and brightness control stopped working after gpu scheduling: I enabled GPU scheduling under display in settings. Now my hdmi has stopped working and the brightness controls are also not working. I am unable to change the brightness, I have tried searching for the setting but it's not under any menu. I have tried turning gpu...
  7. Power saving GPU not showing up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power saving GPU not showing up?: Hi I recently purchased a GT 635 to mess around with and to run my Web browser due to issue's with AMD but for some reason when I go to "Graphics settings", choose an App, and then press "options" to change which card runs the app the GT 635 with fully up to date drivers...
  8. GPU stop working

GPU stop working: I encountered a video_trd_failure so decided to restart . But after restarting I received an error message Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), and the nvida GPU stop working though the Intel card still working. I did a lot of...
  9. GPU stop working after video_trd_failure

GPU stop working after video_trd_failure: My laptop got video_trd_failure and after restart, the nvida gpu (the intel card still working) stop working with "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I tried update driver, roll back to old version, uninstall and reinstall the newest...
  10. Remote Desktop stopped working properly after changing GPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop stopped working properly after changing GPU: Hi guys. I have a strange issue that i couldnt solve by searching the web: after installing a replacement GPU, RDP now only connects to the home server when i have "use all my monitors" enabled. If i have it unticked the session will try to open on my second monitor -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my gpu stopped working gone

2. after instaling gpu pc stop working

3. new gpu just stops working