Windows 10: After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on...

Discus and support After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/John2029 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihipuv/after_the_recent_2004_update_i_cant_see_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/John2029, Aug 27, 2020.

1. After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on...

/u/John2029, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Summer203 Win User

File Explorer in Win 10 taskbar not showing Recent folders

When I right-click Word or Excel in my Windows 10 taskbar, a list of recent folders appears. But when I right-click File Explorer, only Pinned and Frequent folders appear. Neither of these is as useful to me as the Recent folders. Any suggestions on how
    I can get Recent folders to appear?

Thank you.

Summer203, Aug 27, 2020
  3. M11
    m11 Win User
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

I've read almost all the threads related to this subject.

I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section.

I don't want Frequent Folders.

I don't want Recent Files

I'm not trying to pin "Recent Folders" to Quick Access.

I'm trying to make the jump list look like this:

After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on... [​IMG]

4. Nikhar_K Win User

After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on...

Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see files and folders under the Quick access section.

The Quick access section will show all the recent files accessed under the recent files section and the most recent folder on the left pane.

As per the screenshot provided by you, I can see that the options are already checked. I suggest you to click on the
    Restore Defaults button to restore the settings back to default and check if that helps.

You can also create a new user account and check if the options are working. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

Also, I suggest you to run DISM command to check for system file corruptions and repair them. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run DISM scan:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and press Enter.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on...

1. After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on... - Similar Threads - recent 2004 update

2. Can't see the recent in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see the recent in windows explorer: For some reason this happened like 2 days ago randomly I don't think I've done anything to cause this but when I open windows explorer the recents come up as empty in the Home section and moreover on the start option the recommend tab also appears empty. I've tried disabling...
  3. can't login after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't login after recent update: My desktop with windows 11 was recently updated. I shut down the computer for the update. When I reloaded, it now shows me a screen that asks for my pin. I did not configure my desktop to do so. I configured it to ask for my password. If I enter my correct pin it tells me it...
  4. Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons: New W11 system, and Word, etc, aren't showing recently opened files. I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-opened-files-do-not-show-when-right-click/5f0f5381-fe74-4f7a-b5e1-c4ca152e4733, but the "show recently..." toggle is enabled.What else...
  5. Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons: New W11 system, and Word, etc, aren't showing recently opened files. I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-opened-files-do-not-show-when-right-click/5f0f5381-fe74-4f7a-b5e1-c4ca152e4733, but the "show recently..." toggle is enabled.What else...
  6. after recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    after recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar: After recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar. Nothing happens when right click on a task bar icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-update-cannot-right-click-on-icons-on/b2ea60cc-8623-4acf-b9be-4b92ff5ada32
  7. Recently opened folder are missing when right-clicking on explorer icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently opened folder are missing when right-clicking on explorer icon: Hello, until yesterday, I used to go there to go to different locatioins on my hard drives now all the links are gone, how do I fix this ? [ATTACH] thanks...
  8. I can't delete Windows.old folder after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete Windows.old folder after recent update: I tried the disk clean up way : This PC ---> Right Click C:\ ---> Properties ---> General Tab ---> Disk Clean Up ---> Clean Up System Files ---> "Previous Windows Instillation Files But I can't see the folder, it's about 20gb in size the folder and taking up unnecessary...
  9. Recent List on right clicking icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent List on right clicking icon: I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions but in all the reply I have not seen a solution to my issue. When I right click in any applications icon (Word, Excel< etc..) it does not show recently opened files like it was before. I do have the toggle for that option...
  10. "Recent" right click programs in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Recent" right click programs in taskbar: Hello! My issue is that usually when you right click for example Steam or Chrome it shows you recently played games/recently opened websites you've been onto... once again, my Windows 10 have stopped doing that, and I don't even know why. 47648