Windows 10: After the recent update, Battery Saver can't be turned on ?

Discus and support After the recent update, Battery Saver can't be turned on ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've just updated to the newest version of windows and after doing so, the battery saver button (with a leaf) can no longer be turned on. I've also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WallaBL, Feb 2, 2019.

1. WallaBL Win User

After the recent update, Battery Saver can't be turned on ?

Hi, I've just updated to the newest version of windows and after doing so, the battery saver button (with a leaf) can no longer be turned on. I've also changed to the recommended balanced version, and the battery slider will also not allow me to adjust it to the best battery life ("Best Battery"). The most that it will allow me to go is "better battery".

Is there anyone who is facing the same issue, and how do you resolve it?

I'm using a touchscreen laptop, if that's of any relevance.

:)

WallaBL, Feb 2, 2019
  2. nCogNeato Win User
    nCogNeato, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Updates not running "Battery Saver is turned on" But it is not

I have a Lenovo T450, and I am hitting the exact same issue. I have rebooted multiple times, and tried all of the above steps and nothing fixes it.

When/Where I see the error message:

Start->Settings->Update & security -> Windows Updates

On the right hand side it says:

Update Status

Updates are available.

Then it lists a bunch of updates.

Then it says:

Battery Saver is turned on, so we've paused downloads. We'll start downloading again when Battery Saver is turned off.

There appears to be no manual override or a way to download and install now.

GrantRi_Home, Feb 2, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Thank you for the information. There are several ways on how to turn On or Off battery saver in Windows 10. We suggest trying the steps below and check If it will work for you:

Method 1:

• Open the Action Center (Windows key +
      A
      ).
    • Click on the Battery saver action button to toggle it On or Off.

Method 2:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and turn On or Off the
      Battery saver status until next charge
      option.
    • Close Settings once done.

Method 3:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and check the “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:”.
    • Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.
    • Check or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver option if you want.
    • Close Settings once done.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. After the recent update, Battery Saver can't be turned on ? - Similar Threads - recent update Battery

2. I can't turn on my battery saver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn on my battery saver.: My laptop is still at 8%, no matter how much I charge it. I thought it's because my battery saver isn't turned on, so I went to Battery Settings only to find the Battery Saver toggle grayed, I can't turn it on. I even adjusted the Power Mode, still it won't work. Now I got 2...
  3. I can't turn on my battery saver.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't turn on my battery saver.: My laptop is still at 8%, no matter how much I charge it. I thought it's because my battery saver isn't turned on, so I went to Battery Settings only to find the Battery Saver toggle grayed, I can't turn it on. I even adjusted the Power Mode, still it won't work. Now I got 2...
  4. I can't turn on my battery saver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  6. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  7. Can't turn battery saver off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't turn battery saver off: when my laptop is unplugged, even if it has 100%, the battery saver is on. I switch it to off in settings, then it automatically resets to on, and I cant switch it off....
  8. Unable to turn off Battery saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to turn off Battery saver: Hello guys, i can*t turn off the battery saver..do u know why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-battery-saver/2fcc8775-4013-4054-9b22-727bfcd2fdd6
  9. battery saver not turning on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery saver not turning on windows 10: Battery saver not turning on in my windows 10 laptop. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver-not-turning-on-windows-10/d6a82592-0118-49a1-9950-8f9262094505
  10. I can't turn off the battery saver and can't change level of performance.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't turn off the battery saver and can't change level of performance.: [ATTACH] Please help me for fixing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-cant-turn-off-the-battery-saver-and-cant-change/701bcca2-6192-4ed6-a8cb-6d4929824f9f