Windows 10: After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

Discus and support After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I receive a message that says: Please wait while we install a system update. Don't turn off your computer. This happen a couple times. The first it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BonnieKuchinski, May 15, 2022.

1. After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

I receive a message that says: Please wait while we install a system update. Don't turn off your computer. This happen a couple times. The first it happened I left the laptop on for a day and the it got so hot. I was afraid this would harm the laptop. I was able to do a hard shutdown and I did reboot. Now it happened again and I get the same message when I did a restart. It immediately gives me the same message and it stalls and starts overheating. What can I do to fix this problem? I am part of the insider problem an because I can not use my computer to give feedback about this problem. I am

:)

BonnieKuchinski, May 15, 2022

2. Failed BIOS update, Laptop keeps restarting.

Hello, I have an HP dv2050us laptop. I recently went to HP.com to update my drivers and software. When I got down to the Bios (WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS for Notebooks with Intel Processors - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based version F.25), I downloaded it and installed it, when it got time to restart itself, my power turned off at my house and cut the power to the laptop.
    My laptop turned off. After a minute when the power came back on I manually turned on my laptop. But all that happens is my laptop just keeps restarting itself. It loads up to the "Windows loading" screen, it will then flash a blue screen and restart all over again.

It's like my laptop goes in an endless loop of restarting, and it never makes it to windows. I tried the last known option in Safemode ('Windows advanced options menu') but it does not help or work. I have also tried getting into Safemode, but that doesn't work either.

I can press f10, and that gets me into the Phoenix BIOS Setup Utility. And pressing f8 gets me to 'Windows advanced options menu' also know as the "Safemode" screen
    I have no idea how to fix this! Please help! Thank you.

jerseyturf, May 15, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 15, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, May 15, 2022
Thema:

After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

1. After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn - Similar Threads - recent updates laptop

2. After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn: I receive a message that says: Please wait while we install a system update. Don't turn off your computer. This happen a couple times. The first it happened I left the laptop on for a day and the it got so hot. I was afraid this would harm the laptop. I was able to do a hard...
  3. So I downloaded and installed the recent "Feature Update" and after my laptop restarted,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I downloaded and installed the recent "Feature Update" and after my laptop restarted,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iSuck-S [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lw31sj/so_i_downloaded_and_installed_the_recent_feature/
  4. Laptop starts or restart really slow, after recent update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop starts or restart really slow, after recent update.: After the update, my laptop has gotten slow, its taking a lot of time to open the password option. help me out, what to do. IntelR coreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80Ghz Ram – 8GB7.88 GB Usable 64 bit OS Drive free space C- 306 Gb F – 50.3 Gb G- 66.9 I tried...
  5. Bootloop after restarting my laptop and windows update

Bootloop after restarting my laptop and windows update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/headbang808 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0e3xj/bootloop_after_restarting_my_laptop_and_windows/
  6. Issues with HP laptop and recent update- stuck key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with HP laptop and recent update- stuck key: Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations. My HP laptop recently had some windows updates 2020-08 Cumulative update for net.framework for windows 10 version 1903 for x64 KB4569571 and various security intelligence updates I can provide the...
  7. Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop: Since the last windows 10 update the battery whilst showing 94% as soon as you disconnect the power out the computer shuts down. I have run all the diagnostics suggested and everything comes back okay. I have also ran HPs battery diagnostic and that comes back okay also. Any...
  8. Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates: Since the updates (apparently released or at least installed yesterday evening 8PM PA time), my computer automatically restarts once every hour or so. What is strange is that this only occurs if I am watching a particular Streaming Service (Disney Plus) on Chrome. I thought...
  9. I got an Activate Windows message on my HP Laptop after a recent Windows update. Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got an Activate Windows message on my HP Laptop after a recent Windows update. Error...: HP Laptop 17 with Windows 10 Home v10.018362 After a recent windows update, "Activate Windows" appears in the lower right hand corner of my screen. I followed the instructions of going to Settings to activate Windows. Error message 0xC004F012 appears. After selecting...
  10. HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update: So in the last week or so I have not been able to print from my laptop. When I try to print any documents the print queue shows "0 documents pending." I was on the computer with HP for over 2 hours and they said it is a problem with Microsoft. Of course, I have made several...