Windows 10: After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared

Discus and support After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! After your system update, driver updates automatically loaded onto my computer's chipset. Now I have a lost Wi-Fi network. It is treated only by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by БухойМорж, Dec 25, 2018.

1. After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared

Hello!
    After your system update, driver updates automatically loaded onto my computer's chipset. Now I have a lost Wi-Fi network. It is treated only by a rollback of the system. I noticed a driver bug even more than six months ago, and so I manually disconnected updates from my hardware supplier. I don’t want to disable automatic updates, because I’m afraid for the security of my system. What should I do now? Wi-Fi constantly falls off and you need to constantly turn it on and off in the bottom right menu. This is very annoying. Help please cope. I have been using your products for a long time, and I have always coped with the difficulties that arise, but now I don’t understand what to do.

:)

БухойМорж, Dec 25, 2018

2. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 25, 2018
  4. After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 25, 2018
  5. sofia New Member
    Hello,
    Check this steps for this error :
    • Start >Device Manager
    • Double>click Network adapters to expand the section.
    • Right>click the Intel Wireless Adapter and select Properties.
    • Click Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

sofia, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared

1. After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared - Similar Threads - update disappeared

2. Due to Windows Updates, my taskbar disappeared & performance degraded. how can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Due to Windows Updates, my taskbar disappeared & performance degraded. how can I...: Earlier this year, my taskbar suddenly disappeared after an update. I have never changed the update settings before. So after an EXTENSIVE WASTE of my time, I googled for a fix and managed to uninstall the update and restore to a previous point. I turned off updates and...
  3. Due to Windows Updates, my taskbar disappeared & performance degraded. how can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Due to Windows Updates, my taskbar disappeared & performance degraded. how can I...: Earlier this year, my taskbar suddenly disappeared after an update. I have never changed the update settings before. So after an EXTENSIVE WASTE of my time, I googled for a fix and managed to uninstall the update and restore to a previous point. I turned off updates and...
  4. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  5. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  6. Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.: Hi My printers have all disappeared after the March 2024 Windows 11 update . Troubleshooters in 'Settings' don't work, and I'm unable to add printers, as the 'Settings' app just hangs.I have booted into 'Safe' mode and can see the printers in the printer list. I have removed...
  7. Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.

Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.: Hi My printers have all disappeared after the March 2024 Windows 11 update . Troubleshooters in 'Settings' don't work, and I'm unable to add printers, as the 'Settings' app just hangs.I have booted into 'Safe' mode and can see the printers in the printer list. I have removed...
  8. pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear: how long will it take me to install Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-quiz-if-windows-update-causes-my-taskbar-to/2224faf2-b13f-438d-8ef7-97277e959728
  9. pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear

pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear: how long will it take me to install Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-quiz-if-windows-update-causes-my-taskbar-to/2224faf2-b13f-438d-8ef7-97277e959728
  10. cursor didn't disappear after moving and keep flashing after 2024.2.20 update to windows 11 pro

cursor didn't disappear after moving and keep flashing after 2024.2.20 update to windows 11 pro: Everything was fine before last night. then a new update hit and my mouse cursor flashed everywhere. No matter I move to which location, cursor arrow in previous location did not disappear and keeps flashing. If I use my touch screen, they all disappear and cursor returns to...