Windows 10: After the Windows 10 update and updated Edge, icons on my task bar are blank.

Discus and support After the Windows 10 update and updated Edge, icons on my task bar are blank. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/FAKENAME381 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha4t4b/after_the_windows_10_update_and_updated_edge/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FAKENAME381, Jun 16, 2020.

1. After the Windows 10 update and updated Edge, icons on my task bar are blank.

/u/FAKENAME381, Jun 16, 2020

2. task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Jun 21, 2020
  3. task bar icons blank

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked a different user account which I had setup when windows 10 was first updated but had never accessed since. It does not have blank task bar icons.

RussGarside, Jun 21, 2020
  4. mdk1bypdk Win User

After the Windows 10 update and updated Edge, icons on my task bar are blank.

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image.

Up-to-date Windows 10 with Browser Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) has no image, icon is blank whenever it is Inactive. It shows active window banner info when active. I have tried various suggestions routinely listed about the issue,
    but it doesn't effect a correction. Of course not a huge deal, just another question among questions. Tried: SFC. DISM. Clear-icon-Cache. Restart Windows Explorer, and restart Taskbar. Command Pin/Unpin repeatedly from Start icon.

Is anyone aware of another potential solution, that is safe to try?

On a long hunt, thanks.

mdk1bypdk, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

After the Windows 10 update and updated Edge, icons on my task bar are blank.

1. After the Windows 10 update and updated Edge, icons on my task bar are blank. - Similar Threads - update updated Edge

2. Icon & Task Bar completely blank after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon & Task Bar completely blank after updating to Windows 11: I have tried everything, I factory reset my computer, restarted it, changed all the settings the forums said to and nothing is working. My icon bar along with my task bar is completely blank. The Microsoft key doesn't work either so I cannot access my file app. The date,...
  3. Icon & Task Bar completely blank after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon & Task Bar completely blank after updating to Windows 11: I have tried everything, I factory reset my computer, restarted it, changed all the settings the forums said to and nothing is working. My icon bar along with my task bar is completely blank. The Microsoft key doesn't work either so I cannot access my file app. The date,...
  4. No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated: I am using Windows 10 professional. 64 bit. After an update 3 days ago my desktop computer is missing the taskbar. A black space is there where it should be. Neither the mouse nor keyboard respond. Logitech 320 combo IT has fresh batteries. Have rebooted multiple times 12 or...
  5. No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated: I am using Windows 10 professional. 64 bit. After an update 3 days ago my desktop computer is missing the taskbar. A black space is there where it should be. Neither the mouse nor keyboard respond. Logitech 320 combo IT has fresh batteries. Have rebooted multiple times 12 or...
  6. No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Task Bar icon issues after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar icon issues after Windows 10 update.: After installing May 25, 2021—KB5003214 OS Builds 19041.1023, 19042.1023, and 19043.1023 Preview upgrade, the system icons on the taskbar randomly disappear along with the standard date/time icon however all the pinned apps are not affected. Restarting the PC or explorer in...
  8. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image.

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) is Blank image.: Up-to-date Windows 10 with Browser Microsoft Edge Icon pinned on the task bar (only) has no image, icon is blank whenever it is Inactive. It shows active window banner info when active. I have tried various suggestions routinely listed about the issue, but it doesn't effect...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop, Task bar, Start icons blank

Windows 10 Desktop, Task bar, Start icons blank: HIl, I have issue with icons in windows 10, suddenly most of the icons in the desktop, task bar and start menu. I have updated windows to latest build but still same issue. Kindly please help me to solve the issue. Thank you....
  10. task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update: My desktop just finished installing updated and on restart all in getting is the task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on . From reading some of the others having this same issue only a fresh install will rectify this mine was an upgrade so i have no product key . i...