Windows 10: after this morning upgrade, Windows 10 will now not allow PIN to work to use local Windows 10

Discus and support after this morning upgrade, Windows 10 will now not allow PIN to work to use local Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This morning, 08/1282020 my wifes laptop as she was using it, told her it needed to install a Windows 10 upgrade. She said it took forever, and when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VMK3, Aug 12, 2020.

1. VMK3 Win User

after this morning upgrade, Windows 10 will now not allow PIN to work to use local Windows 10

This morning, 08/1282020 my wifes laptop as she was using it, told her it needed to install a Windows 10 upgrade. She said it took forever, and when it was done, she attempted to log back into Windows 10 and get back to what she was doing .... BUT her laptop now says that every PIN we have tried, her old to newer ones, do not work. And she has never changed her local Windows 10 log in anyway, but we tried all of them in attempt to get the laptop working. It is NOT working after this patch/upgrade that was forced on her this morning. She was and is very upset, and after trying to help her out, I am now very upset! And no where online here can i find any answers, other than to reinstall windows 10 and loose all her apps and data .... what was this upgrade for this morning? How can I remove it without being able to use the laptop?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 12, 2020
  4. after this morning upgrade, Windows 10 will now not allow PIN to work to use local Windows 10

eidairaman1, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

after this morning upgrade, Windows 10 will now not allow PIN to work to use local Windows 10

1. after this morning upgrade, Windows 10 will now not allow PIN to work to use local Windows 10 - Similar Threads - morning upgrade allow

2. Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade: Today I received my Lenovo M70s back from repair following an attempt to install a solid state drive. When started up a message is displayed telling me the pin has been lost due to the hardware update. I select "Set a pin" and I am asked to sign in to a Microsoft account that...
  3. Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade: Today I received my Lenovo M70s back from repair following an attempt to install a solid state drive. When started up a message is displayed telling me the pin has been lost due to the hardware update. I select "SEt a pin" and I am asked to sign in to a Microsoft account that...
  4. Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade: Today I received my Lenovo M70s back from repair following an attempt to install a solid state drive. When started up a message is displayed telling me the pin has been lost due to the hardware update. I select "SEt a pin" and I am asked to sign in to a Microsoft account that...
  5. How to reset the local administrator account by using the PIN on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset the local administrator account by using the PIN on Windows 10?: Hello,Is it possible to reset the password of my local administrator account on my Windows 10 PC?I forgot the password for the account, but I can still log in with the PIN.Unfortunately, the security questions are not correct ...Can I do that somehow with the PIN?Or via a...
  6. Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work: Windows 10 updated laptop that was given to me used and now I can not use the pin to OPEN UP the laptop. The account name is in the old name of the person that had it before and they are now deceased. So I can not ask them any information. I just want to open up my...
  7. Been using PIN and Don't remember Local Windows 10 Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Been using PIN and Don't remember Local Windows 10 Password: I have been using the PIN method of signing on to my laptop and now that I decided to try the Password method, I forgot my password because I had to change it many times due to my child sneaking it to play games. Hence, the security question was stupid because it didn't make...
  8. computer upgraded now printer not working with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer upgraded now printer not working with windows 10: I up graded to windows 10, now my printer Lexmark 1400 is not working, but worked before upgrade. This printer is brand new, just was never opened, and worked fine before upgrade....
  9. Upgrading windows 10 using a work account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading windows 10 using a work account: I'm trying to upgrade a windows 10 home to a windows 10 Pro. But when I click upgrade from the systems\about section it takes me to the microsoft store to purchase a $99 upgrade. The problem is that it then requires me to sign into a microsoft account. I've tried my various...
  10. Windows 10 PIN not allowed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PIN not allowed: I log into Windows 10 at home using my personal Live details. It accepts my mircrosoft password without issue. I used to be able to set up a PIN, but now it will not allow me to do so saying the company I use woont allow it. It shows my my email address for my Open...