Windows 10: After today's Windows 10 Update, Constant Repeated notification from Photos App "Add Photos...

Discus and support After today's Windows 10 Update, Constant Repeated notification from Photos App "Add Photos... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 Pro, the desktop gives a notification bell every few seconds. I figured out that the notification comes from the Photos App,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenDe Castro, Apr 19, 2021.

1. After today's Windows 10 Update, Constant Repeated notification from Photos App "Add Photos...

After updating Windows 10 Pro, the desktop gives a notification bell every few seconds. I figured out that the notification comes from the Photos App, which is repeatedly putting up a blue rectangular notification with the words, "Add Photos from BDDVDW. . .?"

My objective is to address BOTH turning off the audio of the notification, and switching off the notification itself. AS you can imagine, it is very annoying. Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9x6e8s9two

:)

StevenDe Castro, Apr 19, 2021
  2. cheeesus Win User

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Apr 19, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 19, 2021
  4. After today's Windows 10 Update, Constant Repeated notification from Photos App "Add Photos...

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

After today's Windows 10 Update, Constant Repeated notification from Photos App "Add Photos...

1. After today's Windows 10 Update, Constant Repeated notification from Photos App "Add Photos... - Similar Threads - today's Update Constant

2. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  3. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  4. Recover photos from the photo app on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover photos from the photo app on windows 10: Hello!! Ok have a laptop that is like 8 years old. I was trying to save selected photos and made an album i was working on moving to an sd card. Well this morning my comouter will not turn on it says an error code. Anyhow just wondering if there js a way to recover the photos...
  5. Problem exporting photos from Mac Photos app to Windows 10 Photos app

Problem exporting photos from Mac Photos app to Windows 10 Photos app: I recently tried to export all of my photos (around 15k) from 2010 iMac to my Windows 10 computer. I followed the instructions that I found at https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/move-mac-files-windows-pc. The result was that 2/3 of my photos were imported into my Windows 10...
  6. Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.

Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.: Hello, I've been using the photos app to pick photos since I don't want to import 50,000 images in lightroom. My question is if there is a shortcut to add/remove from favourites? Tried F, obviously didn't work. Looked around the web - nothing useful. Cheers, V Petkov...
  7. Add music to Photo App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add music to Photo App: Help me to add a music file to the Microsoft Windows 10 photo app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-music-to-photo-app/c6df50b5-c375-402c-9a4c-8817ba12a500"
  8. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?: My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I think I accidentally deleted that box and I see no option to bring it back. Is there a way to restore this feature so that...
  9. Photos app not working after update windows 10

Photos app not working after update windows 10: attempting to open the Photos App and immediately crashing back to the Start screen …. windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photos-app-not-working-after-update-windows-10/766024c4-712a-488c-a12e-bb4bb2804ff1
  10. Windows 10 Mobile: Camera and Photos apps were updated today

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile: Camera and Photos apps were updated today: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 8228