Windows 10: After Trying to reinstall Windows 10 PC not showing any images.

Discus and support After Trying to reinstall Windows 10 PC not showing any images. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum. I have a custom gaming PC built by myself in 2013. Over the year it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robbit101, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Robbit101 Win User

After Trying to reinstall Windows 10 PC not showing any images.

Hello all,

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

I have a custom gaming PC built by myself in 2013. Over the year it has had a few upgrades but has always worked like a dream. About 2 weeks ago my PC started randomly crashing games back to Steam. The next day i stared getting Blue Screens of death however each time the error code was different so it was very hard to fault find. I then found that the 'Friends and Chat' screen on 'Steam' was now permanently black and I couldn't do anything with it.

After chatting to some other people the general consensus was to reload Windows 10 and start from scratch. Before I did this I tried to make sure my PC was fully up to date however whenever I tried to install the latest patch it would either fail or it would Blue Screen of Death my PC. Again each error message was always different. I then tried a windows reset however after completion I would always get a message saying 'failed for unknown reason - nothing has changed'.

So I got my 1TB external hard drive and downloaded the ISO file as recommended on Youtube to install windows from scratch. This formatted my hard drive down to 32gb and said ISO file installed correctly. Using the 'settings - recovery - advanced restart' method I tried to boot from the external hard drive however the external hard drive was not available to choose so I restarted the PC smashing the F2 button to get to the boot menu. Once I told it to boot from the external hard drive it immediately went to blue screen of death and 3 milliseconds later it shutdown the PC so I couldn't read the error code.

This was yesterday so skip forward to today. Once finished work I gather an 8GB memory stick came home and installed the ISO file onto the memory stick. I tried using the 'settings - recovery' method to boot from the USB stick however it still wasnt an option to choose from. So again I rebooted the PC and smashed the F2 button. I told the PC to boot from the USB stick and I saw a Windows logo for around 1 minute and then I got a blue screen of death and instant shut down.

I turned the PC back on again however now nothing happens. The PC physically boots up for example of the Fans are spinning etc however it doesn't send any form of image to my monitor and it doesnt send any power to the keyboard or mouse. After 5 or so minutes the PC will shut down and restart all by itself but still no image so I can't actually do anything with it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and if any more information is needed I will be happy to try and supply it.

I would give my windows version number but since my PC is now a brick I don't know how I can get this information.

Thanks in advance again for any help.

Kind Regards,

Rob

:)

Robbit101, Apr 21, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2020
  4. After Trying to reinstall Windows 10 PC not showing any images.

Windows Image to reinstall windows?

Is there a way to get a windows 7 professional image on a DVD so i can reinstall windows on a new hard drive in a clients laptop? I have ultimate and home retail discs but her laptop came with professional, so i need a image so i can just use her key.

MxPhenom 216, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

After Trying to reinstall Windows 10 PC not showing any images.

1. After Trying to reinstall Windows 10 PC not showing any images. - Similar Threads - Trying reinstall showing

2. pc wont turn on after trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc wont turn on after trying to reinstall windows: recently my apps kept crashing due to low memory even though i had a bunch of it and i decided to reinstall windows and the download got stuck at 76% so i restarted my pc and tried a second time and it got stuck at 73% and i restarted it again but instead of reverting to its...
  3. pc wont turn on after trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc wont turn on after trying to reinstall windows: recently my apps kept crashing due to low memory even though i had a bunch of it and i decided to reinstall windows and the download got stuck at 76% so i restarted my pc and tried a second time and it got stuck at 73% and i restarted it again but instead of reverting to its...
  4. pc wont turn on after trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Trying to Reinstall Windows 10 after System was attacked.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Reinstall Windows 10 after System was attacked.: Using instructions from MS site, I'm down to last step Starting SetUp.exe on my Flash Drive where Installation Media downloaded. It fails just prior to where I would select Install. My current version is Windows 10 Pro. The reinstall version is the same. What could be the...
  6. Trying to Reinstall Windows 10 after System was attacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Reinstall Windows 10 after System was attacked.: Using instructions from MS site, I'm down to last step Starting SetUp.exe on my Flash Drive where Installation Media downloaded. It fails just prior to where I would select Install. My current version is Windows 10 Pro. The reinstall version is the same. What could be the...
  7. Trying to Reinstall Windows 10 after System was attacked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10

Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10: I recently upgraded to windows 10, and since I have my PC has continuously crashed while playing the most simplest games. I kept my old files from my previous setup and want to try wiping everything and start fresh. But when I try it says, Could Not Find Recovery Environment....
  9. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset

Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset: I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell Alienware laptop when it all came out. A month ago I had an issue that the only resolution was to do a factory reinstall. It put me back to Windows 8.1. I've attempted several times to reinstall Windows 10 using the media creation...
  10. BSODs after uninstalling Windows 10 and trying to reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after uninstalling Windows 10 and trying to reinstall: I've had non stop problems with my PC since around the end of May. I've tried everything to fix it, I've even taken it to Geek Squad to see if they can fix it but sadly, they don't know whats wrong. They ran diagnostics on my hardware and said everything is running fine. I've...